Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    1km swim of oh so painful crawl, I really am rubbish (although this time last year could only manage 50 metres)

and a play with the weights, just getting back into training for triathlon so taking it easy (ish) although looking at the race schedule for the year I'll regret that later.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Lucky you're not alone, I too detest swimming and have to keep an eye on the positive. Anyway yesterday 1 hour swimming (non-stop) and today 6km sculling and later on ansteady 10km run.
  • PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    Steady 5 mile run with some tough intervals in the last 15 minutes. Work to Westminster Bridge along Embankment and back along the South Bank. I'll never tire of that route.

First run of the week as I wasn't feeling top dollar this week, dehydrated after some training and a lot of drink at the weekend.

Only cycled into work once this week, another ****ing puncture and I couldn't be arsed fixing it.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    one hour on the turbo, followed by 20 minutes easy run. I think this will be my last run for a while, since the knee injury that stopped me from running 4 weeks. It hurts a lot again when running and the day after[:'(][:@][:(].
    Today is Wednesday so I mostly did a 60 km turbo session at 41kmh average (1.27.48). Easy day tomorrow - probably a 30 min sculling session, just to unwind. Good luck to all
    1km swim as a straight slog just to see if I can do it, I can it just takes a while and then a light weight session, got a 7km lunch time run, hopefully today I won't get rained on and I'll beat my virtual me....
    1mile swim, focussing on technique, the necessary evil[:D]
    35 minutes of glorious sculling recovery session. I ts great to see that the stalwarts are keeping at it. From a quick perusal of the mthread it seems tat the underlying mood is positive, we all seem to be getting on with it and everyone HATES swimming. Great to read good luck tomorrow
    20 minutes on the bike, waiting for the weekend and the two recovery days.... session this morning was shortened by hurt from yesterday's run.
    1 hour bike followed by 2mile run. Those jelly legs made me feel like a silly runner[:D]
  • feesfees Posts: 28
    Supposed to ride 4 hours today but spent extra 3 hours in bed due to the pouring rain in Africa. We have had some serious rain out here lately. If it clears up in the afternoon might go out later. 12 weeks to IMSA.
    2k swim early this morning, so I won't feel guilty abot the eating out with friends this noon[:)]. Maybe I'll just eat way too much and do a little run this evening to get rid of the extra guilt[:D][;)].
    110km at 31kmh average at least there were 7 of us and relatively flat terrain!
  • the bellythe belly Posts: 125
    run 11mile cross country saturday... then did 70 miles on the bike sunday non stop.. IRONMAN NICE here we come[&:]
    1 mile swim this morning, which wasn't actually planned. But since I came back from work due to the hellish weather conditions today in Belgium, I got the extra training time in the pool.

I'd particulary like to thank the weather gods for that one[;)]
  • Hey folks enjoying seeing what everyone else is doing. I did a mbk race on Sunday and nearly killed myself. Into granny gear for the first time in a year for one of the climbs.

Booked for London so need to get going.

Started some transition work this last couple of weeks but need to get the finger out and start some real training!

Went out on MB for about an hour and half yesterday. Did the Big Tri circuit up here in Lochaber. Some good hill work on the bike.

Might get on the turbo tonight.
    Great run from City to Canary Wharf and back with an older but faster runner. Running with someone at a faster pace than I could sustain if by myself was a benefit. It was only for the last 3 miles mind, the outward leg was at an easy enough pace.
    Good day today 60km turbo session average 42.5kmh fastest this season so far - 1.24 odd. Plus on a starvation diet so weight loss proramme is also progressing.
    Did a mile swim this morning with some drills. When mydaughter is asleep around noon, I will have a 1 hour turbo session, due to the lousy weather in Belgium today.[:(]
    35 mnutes sculling not great - swirly water - hope the Belgian weather picks up!!
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Brick training session, 15 minute high cadence (100 - 110) ride on turbo, then 6 minute mile (treadmill) intervalls did 5 sets, proper!!!!! Got that nice ready brek glow achey feeling...........[;)]
    2 hour bike ride yesterday (it was ten degrees, looked like spring out there[8D]).

• feesfees Posts: 28
    Did a 103km cycle race today, finished in 2h24 with a 42,8km average. We were flying. It was my first race as a registered licensed veteran, 35-39. Now I am relaxing for the rest of the day watching sport on tv.
    Yesterday (Saturday) I did a 3km sculling race finished 3rd and today 100km cycle with the club average speed 30kmh. Feeing good. Hope all is going well for all of you.
    70 minute run incorporating hils and some tempo work. Not very structured but feeling very good about my running at the moment. Beautiful day too.
    1Km swim doing some 100's and actually finished feeling like I was making some progress... did a quick weights session and about to head out for a lunch time run (7Km)
    40k bike ride today; commute to work plus some extra Kilometres cause it was so great to be outside on the bike instead of on the turbo.

Nothing beats the real road stuff[:D][;)]!!!
  • am: cycle to work (5miles)

lunch:45mins swim, 400m time trial (6.05mins) then technique and drills.

afternoon: cycle home (5miles)

evening: 45 mins tempo run

I have the morning off work tomorrow and cant wait to fill it with a 40k cycle as the weather forecast is good for a change!

Yesterday (Monday) 1 hour swim non stop and today 10km running at easy pace (51 min)
  • 45k bike ride this morning, now have to work! [:(]

Rest day tomorrow[:D]