Home Chat General Chat

Heart rate monitor.

I am looking to buy a decent heart rate monitor, at about £100.

Anybody recommend one in this price bracket ?

Comments

• BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Check out www.heartratemonitor.co.uk there is lots of choice on there and the prices take some beating. Personally I would look at Polar or Suunto HRM's, but there are others brands out there too. Have a good look at which features you would use and go from there.

David.
  • I am using a Polar F11 at the moment, I bought it for £100 from www.improveyourbody.co.uk, they have a lot more Heart Rate Monitors available and I was really impressed by their service.
  • HarryDHarryD Posts: 425
    As a minimum make sure you get one with a wrist unit that is waterproof to 50m and a waterproof chest strap. There should also be signal coding so that your wrist unit doesn't pick up other peoples signals.

I've only ever user Polar & have found them well made and reliable

• BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    You coudl get a Garmin forerunner 305 which has GPS and heart rate monitoring for £136 from amazon.... If you have big wrists that is.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Can you / should you / do you swim with these things on?

Just wondering.
  • apnoeaapnoea Posts: 16
    i have a polar f11 and use it for swim training. i think the advice for the forerunner is not to submerge it.

btw i think 100pounds is prob quite expensive for the f11. got mine new on ebay for 65 a year ago!
  • billigabilliga Posts: 3
    The Polar F6 and the Polar F11 are both great heart rate monitors under £100. The Polar F11 has some advanced features over the F6 such as Fitness Test (to measure your aerobic fitness) and Keeps U Fit (to help you plan your training sessions). The Polar F6 is probably adequate for many people though.
  • I have a Polar RS200 got it from Amazon for about £70, you can also get a foot pod for it so it can measure distance, speed etc. You can also upload the data to Polar website.

• Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Matei bought a polar f11 for £43 quid from my local lesuire centre, i'm sure they have some left

I use it for swimming , cycling and running.

Its very good, wont give you cadence on the bike but it does help with everything else.

If you want the number just ask.
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Hey Jelly where is your leisure centre ive been on the hunt for a polar F11 for a reasonable price for ages.

£ 43 is sooooooo cheap

• Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Its in dorset

(01308) 427464

I'm sure they would post it out, if not give me a shout and we can sort something i am sure.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    blimey jelly... that's about half price!!!

I live in wiltshire so could easily pop over probably... which leisure centre is it?

cheers

ian

• I've got a Polar S725 for sale.

About a year old, with cadence/ speed & IR connector for PC software.

Looking for £100

Interested?