Home Chat General Chat

Tri Saddles

Hi I need to change saddles as the one I am riding at the moment is causing me serious pain! I currently using a Very Light weight road racing saddle any suggestions for a very light comfy(if there is such a thing) Tri specific saddle, my back side doesn't care what it costs!!

Comments

• Hi, I switched to a selle italia T1 and my nether regions have been thanking me ever since!!
  • BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Before you spend a load of money on a bike saddle, make sure your bike is set up correctly. It doesn't matter what seat you have, it will be unconfy if you are in the wrong position.

David.
  • apnoeaapnoea Posts: 16
    HI

i have changed to a sella italia slk gel flow[:)]

v comfy (not as light as some of the more expensive ones)

the slc is the higher priced one and i think lighter..but i've not sat on it
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Saddles are very much a personal thing. I bought a Selle Italia t1 for IMch and had to ditch it . I then tried a Selle Italia slr xp which worked well on my road bike geometry but was not good on the tri geometry set up. I ended up with the heavier and cheaper but much comfier gel flow which I now have super glued to my new P3c. Point being try them out and be prepared to change an expensive saddle for comfort. Selle Italia do a try before you buy scheme. Well worth it
  • Thanks for the advice, I have bought a Sella Italia T1 new from Ebay, just received this morning,as it is a fantastic day in Leeds did a 30 mile jaunt, very comfy indeed!

Cheers