Home Chat General Chat

you know that your a triathlete when...

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, The source data specified for this string or binary column or parameter is too long.

Comments

• Nice one. [:D]
  • Posted in from TriTalk (a couple of those are mine) but still funny anyway [:D]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    This frightens me a little.[:o] It's all funny, but too much of these things are so very true.

Should I go see a doctor, am I really a triathlete now??? I heard this thing is terminal, once you have it it's for life[X(].

Somebody, HHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!??
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I thought this was a check-list, and I got worried that I was only scoring about 75%

...until I got to all the girl's lines, that is.

Very funny, more please - maybe we should try to keep this thread going as we all think of more? Loved the heart-rate monitor whilst 'busy' one, and also the sad truths about showering more at the club than at home and constantly smelling of chlorine.

In fact, I find that Eau de Chlorine has a double effect, because though I shower thoroughly after, say, a morning swim, when I go running at lunchtime I seem to sweat the stuff... this double effect makes it far better value than some cheap aftershave which smells just as bad.

Anyway, I'm off to work out how many calories I've burned typing this response.
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    strangley enough some of that applies to us time-trialist aswell[:D]
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    Thats very funny, nice one. So very true.
  • BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    I just freaked someone out when I said I coudlnt do the london to brighton bike ride because 56miles is a waste of my weekend ride 1 month before IM swis.. ... "ohh,,,, right"... insigniifcant weaklings *evil laugh* ho a hoah ho ha ha ha
  • pigletpiglet Posts: 86
    Fabulous!! So true- scary eh? As an add on- from a girls perspective...

When you run across the road to chat to a guy in lycra on a hot carbon number- your girlfriends think you're chatting him up but no all your asking is the gen on the bike!!! ""

True- happened to me - my two desperately single girlfriends couldn't believe I'd bowl straight up to a stranger at the lights(apparently he was cute- not that I noticed- the bike was HOT!!) and start chatting. Maybe they should stop the internet dating and take up Tri!!!!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    you know your a triathlete when you realise that instead of reading this thread you could have:

swum 127.34m

run 467m

biked 1.4miles

done half a weights circuit at the gym

written your weekly diet out and updated your Ironman training program and recalculated all the metric race distances for the year into good old imperial ones.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    ...when your non-tri friends say they've been for a 'jog' and you think "Pah. What's the point of jogging? You might as well be walking" ...and when YOU go for a jog you call it a 'Recovery Run'.
  • PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    Can anyone else here not pass a lake or a calm river without wondering what it's like to swim in?

I was at a wedding north of Harrogate in Yorkshire last summer. Ripley Castle or Rippon Castle??

Anyway, while everyonwe was admiring the beautiful lake and fields all I could think of was "you could exit the water here, run up the hill, collect your bike here...".

Very sad.
  • i thought that was just me . i,m a postie and at the end of one of the streets i deliver on is a lake , every day i wonder who owns it and is it deep enough to swim in . i'm glad other people have similar thoughts
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    do i like this one, printed and left it out for the mrs to find. the black eye is going down now though. apparently she doesn't want to go to lanzarote on hols this year now.
  • Oh what a laugh and I am so glad that I'm not the only one with the lake problem! We have one near home, near the top of a mountain so it's high up, very cold and we don't know if we should swim in it or not ...so we go on stealth swims really early in the morning and now quite fancy a moonlight session. So far we haven't had to break any ice - hope the weather warms up soon though!

Oh and maybe it's not just you guys how wear the HRM in bed!!
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    my worst/best tri 'vice' is that i clean my bike every weekend. even though all my bike training for the last 3 months has been indoors on my trainer......very sad[8|]