Home Chat General Chat

Bianchi bike advise required

I have given myself a budget of around £500 to purchase a road bike for training and use in the london olympic tri and have come accross the Bianchi C2C Via Nirone 7 Aluminium Sora at £525 (see link).

http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=87038

I would really appreciate some advise to whether this bike in the first instance is any good and whether it will be sufficient for training/the tri? I'm in the process of trying to set up a test run on it to make sure it suits my build etc.

Also, if anyone has any other recommendations at around the same price range they would be greatly received.

Thanks for your time.

Adam

Comments

• hbhb Posts: 22
    Hi

i personally would go and buy a cheaper bike with an aluminium frame then buy all the chain set and forks etc that you want on it. that is what i did and i love the result i got from doing this and spent less on the bike than i would have if i bought the same spec bike
  • Would definitely consider that route however I'm using the cycle2work scheme so have to buy a complete bike.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    what is cycle to work scheme?
  • Its a benefit scheme run by certain employers where you lease a bike from them and have the option to purchase the bike for a nominal fee at the end of the lease term (usually a year).

Main benefits are that you aren't charged VAT and you get tax relief on the payments you make. Therefore if you are a higher rate tax payer you effectively save 40% off the cost.
  • *edited because I was talking b0ll0cks*
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Very apt! My work is c-o-n-s-s-i-d-e-r-i-n-g the cycle to work scheme it will take forever. Anyway my colleague got fed up waiting and went out and bought the Bianchi via nirone 7. I t is a great bike and is exceptional value for money go for it cycle to work or not. I was so impressed with it that went out and bought the chrome finished Pista cycle to work or not!
  • Thanks Treefrog

Trying a Bianchi out tommorw to make sure I'm getting the right frame.