Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Masters swim training last night 1hr 15 min covered just over 2000 m. Short fartlek session today 30 min .longer 10mile run planned tomorrow.[:D]
  • hi everybody just come back to tri after 1 year off ( i missed it ) this morning 30 mins yoga , then 50 mile bike .This afternoon 1.5 mile swim . (day off work today )
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Started a bike ride today after this mornings rain stopped. Roads were wet and slippery. A quite sharp curve with cobblestones combined with riding too fast did the trick. Wheels sweeped from under me and I touched the road in a way I dislike[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m7.gif[/image]. Cycled 5 more miles and turned back home then[:(].

This really s*#çs. Can barely walk now, so I'll probably skip work tomorrow (roof worker) and worst of all: miss some workout.[:'(]

Hope Your training went better today.[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Its Wednesday ... and guess what I did the 60km turbo session another good one 1.24 - average speed 42.5 kmh. The same as last week. Great feeling! ps I also ate 2 children who could not swim!!
  • more yoga this morning then 7.5 mile run in the snow
  • timftimf Posts: 15
    As I come to the end of my first week of Tri training, swam 1500m this morning in just over 21 mins, and dreading dragging myself round about a 6k run in the morning!
  • timftimf Posts: 15
    Ha! Silly me!

I thought my pool at school was 25m......erm....it isn't.....I'm nothing like as fast as I thought I was in the water!

Feeling just a little silly now!

[:)]
  • today i've done 30 mins yoga (as usual ) then swam this afternoon , 1500m . this evening i will do a turbo session (its still snowing)
    The kids are gone for a day of fun and games with their grandparents. Went for a day of shopping in Ghent (Belgium) with the lady. One hell of a mental training if you ask me[sm=rolleyes.gif][:D].

No seriously; it's my rest week and for the first time I can force myself to do nothing (although my bruised hip helps me to do so). Going out to dinner now, really loading up for next week you know.[8D]

Hope you all had great training/rest days.
  • feesfees Posts: 28
    Did an olympic distance tri this morning and knocked 3 minutes of my previous best so chuffed. it was also not a wetsuit legal race so my swim time was 2 minutes slower. Had we been able to swim in wetsuits I might have gone 5 minutes quicker. 10 weeks till IMSA.
  • PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    Did a 10k PB yesterday, 44 mins and 4 seconds. Happy with that but disappointed I didn't do 43'59"!

Usual bike commuting all last week, 2 good runs earlier in the week and managed to get to the pool twice last week. Still building my base fitness in the pool, but doing ok. In previous seasons I haven't swum at all in the winter, just doing enough to do 1500m by June.

Did a "back care" yoga session on Thursday evening. Really enjoying the yoga and now I've got a few classes under my belt I'm trying to make time to do it at home.
  • as usual yoga this morning , 7.5 mile run and 1.2 mile swim this afternoon . the weekend went well got 2 long bikes in , a swim and my yoga class
  • Been a strygle today just finished a week of night shifts but did manage to get down the gym for an hour and use treadmill static bike and cross trainer for some good cardio work. mile swim tomorrow.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Had a session in the pool at lunch time and getting ready for a turbo session tonight

1 mile swim. First time I tried the TI-drills. Feels awkward, slow and very ridiculous.( so; not very different then otherwise[:'(][:D][:D]).
    Bad time .... Well it had to happen, I injured my knee on the Friday 20kmer but I'm happy to say that I'll be good again on Thursday when I'll go sculling. I have my last sculling race of my rowing season on Saturday so I'll go out in the boat on Friday and then nail it on Saturday. Once this is over I'll add in more running instead of sculling - but I'll not forgo it completely. I hope all of you guys are injury free it makes me miserable, but I'm on the way back
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Hour on the bike at the gym this morning, keeping HR between 135-145 and reading Ironstruck, there is only so much MTV / Sky news you can watch
  • today i have done a 56 mile bike and 1000m swim . oh and 30 mins yoga first thing before breakfast .
    My mind is now starting to smile. I got out in my boat today and did 6km quality sculling. The knee is ok but not perfect but I'm up for it. Another 6km paddle tomorrow then race on Saturday and then out with the cycle club on Sunday for a tight reliability race. Next week no mucking about back to full speed ahead! PS reading all your posts has motivated me into action. The mind is now smiling maybe it will laugh tomorrow
  • thats great !! hope you keep it smiling .Today was my rest day so i've done nothing
    5k easy run training on the track. Slow, but first 5k in 3 months that was (knee)pain free. [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image][image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m10.gif[/image]
    Nothing today, 5Km race @ Dorney Lake tomorrow
  • [color=#009999]I started ramping up my training a few weeks back after taking time out to re-furb my home..today i am mainly feeling like i've been tenderised as i did the brands hatch half yesterday(a good idea at the time)...I still know my running needs work...lots of work..hehe[&:] [/color]

[color=#009999] Leeky[/color]
    Yesterday I raced the scull and won the veteran category and beat most of the senior men also. Today I paid the price for not really training all week - I did 100 miles on the bike 70 of which were a reliablity trial and I suffered every centimetre. But at least I'm back at it
  • 34 mile bike this morning out for an hours swimming lesson this afternoon
    Work commute bike (total 33k) with a 30 min run afterwards to feel those spaghetti-legs again
    1200 Metre swim this morning, progress is being made...

;-)

And just did a 7km slow run... (HR L1 / L2 Training)
  • 30mins easy spin on bike first week of training for IMUK. Dusting out a lot of cobwebs

I'm back, I'm back I'm back! Yesterday the wednesday turbo session 60 km at 42.6kmh - new record and today 1 hour non-stop swimming. I also have a terrible cold, and a knee injury but I don't care I'm back training fully
    6k run after 1 hour bike today.

Hello Jelly legs[&:][:D]

Felt great afterwards though!