Home Chat General Chat

Planet X Bikes opinions

Does anyone have an opinion good or bad on Planet X Bikes. I'm getting new wheels for my Giant SCR but thinking about upgrading to a carbon frame, and Planet X look good, but I think I read somewhere that they can be heavy.

Comments

• pacmanpacman Posts: 109
    I think planet x are a great bike - if you can get the fit right. I tried one but found the set up to be too steep (I have quite poor felxibility in my lower back). I found the trek with spacers gave a little bit more custom fit. If the bike fits you the spec and price is great for a carbon frame, try before you buy.
  • Tim DTim D Posts: 64
    I ride a PX and think its a great bike. Agree with the steepness so do try before you buy. Definitely NOT a heavy bike!!
  • scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    I have a PX pro carbon road bike and its great!

my brother has quintana roo-lucero and the PX is lighter!!
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    I havent got one or even ridden one, but boy do i want one. no make that need one [:)]
  • scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    I borrowed my brothers second bike, a giant ocr4 .

and then I got PX as my first bike.

and waiting for it to arrive, then it finaly arriving was a great moment [:D][:D]

then riding it [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    Thanks guys
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I'll team up with jon_g. I really need a PX too[:@].

I turn 30 this summer and this special birthday comes with a special present if you ask me[8D]
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Fingers crossed, this summer £1000 of my money will be going to those lovely special people at Planet-X. I need one far more than benny or jon_g (according to my opinion). Planet-X stealth carbon TT bike. Yummy yummy. Get out of my way, first in the queue etc. Why not give me yours when you get it? Go on, go on, go on.

I like the way that the frame they use on the 'super value' bike (which is the one I can afford) is exactly the same as the frame on the 'Pimp' or 'OMFG' spec bike, so I know it will stand the upgrades. Ooooohh, every Christmas and birthday will become so special as I add Dura-Ace bits.

Meantime I will make myself feel better by sticking some of their carbon forks onto my current bike.

This month's 220 magazine has a £2500-ish bike test, and although they don't test a P-X bike, they do mention them as being excellent value in the Conclusion section. For that money you'd get a full Dura-Ace P-X, upgrade to some really deep rims, and still have enough change to enter IMUK. Drool.