Home Chat General Chat

bottle cage

Anyone know where i can get one of those cages that hang from the back of your saddle? they hold 2 bottles. think i've seen people attach their CO2 cartridges to them too, how does that work? on that point, does anyone use CO2 for their tyres, if so, do they have a pressure gauge on them so you know you're at the right pressure?

thanks once again for sharing the knowledge!

Comments

• BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Jon,

I've seen bottle cages in the Total Fitness Bath catalouge in the past (www.totalfitnessbath.co.uk).

David.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Cheers David, having a look now... so much for work!
  • pacmanpacman Posts: 109
    Hey Jon,

I picked up one of those double water bottle holders for the saddle at the tri uk expo tent. It's one of those things that they don't tell you except in some of the really small IM print - that you have to have a minimum of 2 bottle holders for your bike or they don't let you start. The other prerequisite is that the gear that you're running has a reflective strip. (for IM)

I have never seen a co2 with a gauge I think you have to judge it as best you can yourself.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Hi Jon-g,I use two different twin holders that go behind the saddle,A Profile one which fits on the saddle post and an X lab which fits onto the saddle it self.The x lab has one problem in that I have a slight problem getting my leg over (sorry double entendre) if I use large bottles whereas the profile can be lowered to the bottom of the seat post and kicking my leg over is no problem.The profile will not fit on an aero stem either (new models may but mine is about 8 years old)
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I have the X-LAB piggy back cage as I call it - it has a section for CO2 cannisters but it is too heavy. A new one is available it was reviewed in 220 some months ago; this one is carbon and more aero looking, I think Chrissie Wellington used one in Kona and I thinl Bontrager (Trek) make them. So get onto Trek 's distributors
  • wiggle do some cheap ones, not sure if they hold co2 cartridges though http://www.wiggle.co.uk/CategoryProducts.aspx?categoryName=Bottle%20Cages&cat=cycle

just click on the link and it should take you there, hopefully.....................