Home Chat General Chat

. garmin forerunner

I bought the garmin forerunner after a lot of debat and what a waste?. Has anyone else used them or am i too stupid to get them to display the information I want which is my heart rate. The heart rate is to samll and placed in the cornor is hard to read. Any help or am I stuck with this

Comments

• timftimf Posts: 15
    I have the forerunner 50 - don't know if this is the one you have......but in train mode, press view and it offers you your HR as the main large number.....
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    If you have the 305 you can customise the display, I have one which shows pace and HR (as BPM) and that's it, each has half the screen and is easy to read, initially I went out without bothering to read the manual, and thought the same as you...

However after a quick skim of the manual I found the magic...

Press Mode to get into the menu's then

"Settings" -> "General" -> "Data Fields"

You then create two custom displays and one each for running, cycling and other....

Hope this helps
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    My problem is switching between running & biking quickly & easily, half my runs are on bike & vice versa...I do feel dumb.
  • ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    Does it still alarm in zones if you customise the screen. I like mine, the screen wher you can see how far behind or ahead is cool.
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    I train with a forerunner 301, you can set three screens with your choosen info, be it speed/pace/heart rate/time (you get the picture) by pressing mode once and then selecting "setting" then "set custom page", use the arrow keys to move around the screen and enter to bring a drop down menu up to select what you want to read in the part of the screen. you can set three screens to show different things.

As for changing activities press and hold mode for a couple of seconds and it brings up the main screen for bike/run/other. If you don't reset first it logs it as multi sport and a + symbol appears in the top of the display.

I don't use the training buddy as he cheats and runs too fast.

Hope this helps if not there always the girly thing to do and read the instructions.

Tried that..lost the will to live & could not find a simple way to do it, but I did find out that there is a little man in my wrist watch..amazing.
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    you could always try and find a 4 year old to program it for you, or go to the garmin website and download the manual and admit defeat.

no 4 year handy, is the manual online translated into stoopid? Thats what I need.