Home Chat General Chat

Ironman UK accommodation

Hi all

Think i might have left this a little late as everywhere i've tried is fully booked! anyone know of somwhere to stay for the ironman weekend? Got my girlfriend and best friend and his other half coming along to support. Planning on getting there thursday the 4th Sept and leaving the Monday after. Not looking for anything too posh. just somewhere i'll be able to get a good nights sleep before the race (might rule out camping! but i will if that's all i can get!)

Appreciate any help

Comments

• learnerlearner Posts: 100
    I used a camp site called "The Giants Head" near Cerne Abbas last year, quite basic but has electrical hook ups etc. This is where I first saw a booklet about the ironman uk and got the idea to have a go at a multi sport, so I am assuming it is a popular site with entrants, the good thing is it is on the route of the cycle leg so any friends/relatives can whatch from the comfort of their airbeds. Its about 5-7 miles out of Sherborne.

Have you thought about the Yeovil area, it's not too far out.

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    brilliant, thanks
  • pacmanpacman Posts: 109
    I made a similar mistake last year and had to look around for accommodation for myself and the fan club. In the end I booked a place called the Hollies Hotel. It's a bit far from the start - about a 15 minute drive the other side of Yeovil, but the place is very nice, it's quiet and the staff are sound. The receptionist even gave me some of her own oatmeal mix for the sunday morning! There were about 10 competitors alltogether and everyone I spoke to was pretty positive. The only problem for me was the guy next door was snoring like a train on the sat night - I couldn't complain though as he was competing aswell.

Hopes this helps.

Patrick
    Thanks Patrick

Found a company that you can hire a caravan from and they set it up for you at the campsite! (drive it there, hookup gas and electric. it's got a shower and loo onboard too) really reasonable too. i'll dig out the name and post it so if anyone else is interested they can give them a call.

They've got different price points for different size and ages of the caravans too
  • scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    thats sounds really good!!! do they have a website??

caravans are so much better than tents!!!!
    way better than a tent! and at least we'll be able to sleep cos everyone else will be there for the ironman too! just trying to find their number (i get the fiance to do all the calling and booking for stuff like this[;)]). i'll find out if they have a website.
    Found the website, it's:

http://www.heraldcaravans.co.uk