Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Nothing today, supposed to have been a run, but stuck at work, stuck at Heathrow, and now stuck in front of a server in Madrid....

Still the hotel has a gym.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    nothing. cos i've got manflu[:(]

feeling very sorry for myself...
  • Hey folks

disappeared off the radar for a few weeks. Decided to enjoy this year and train when I want. Although did a sprint at the weekend and nearly killed myself. I dont know how i managed to do four times that distance in November! Motivated me into doing some more training. Went out all day on the mountainbikes yesterday. Good fun. Was biking with Gary Fisher! (aye the one who makes the bikes), Charlie Kelly and Bill Savage. These guys invented mountainbiking back in the seventies. What a blast!

Back to work with a bump today. We were racing Penny Farthings last night!

In pool today for a couple of Ks. Supposed to be night biking tonight but it is Pssing down up here at the moment
  • At last, the cold has gone and my heart seems to have decided to beat at a more normal and consistent rate. Had my first coached swim last night in 14 days! Oh joy it was a speed training session - Ouch! Loads and loads of sets of 2 lengths "fast fast" as we call it. Still trying to get our coach to understand that I don't have a fast, let alone fast fast! Felt exhausted but great- so glad I have an aquathlon race on Sunday! Weather is looking perfect, cold, wet windy. Perhaps I'll take up stamp collecting next year!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    roof work from 7 am today until dark( 6 pm). Dragging myself outside now for a 6k easy run. I really don't want to, but now I wrote it here, I guess I'll have to.[:@]

So this is a great thread[8D]
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Jaysis lads I'm having a horrible month but I'm still fightin' my corner ... I'm snowed under with work and have to comit to various obligations but I'm still getting out. Yesterday (Friday 22 Feb '08) I did a good 20km at 1.36.31 but today I did nothing and tomorrow nothing due to work - but this site inspires me and I hope to break out of Februaryand be stronger than ever!!! I hope all of you are having a bettet February than me!
  • feesfees Posts: 28
    Did a 170km bike this morning at a 32,5km/h average. Happy with the training.

7 weeks till Ironman South Africa.
  • Hi everyone

New to forum - new to triathlon... finding this thread extremely interesting and motivational!!!

Yesterday got out for a ride over the pennines for about 30 miles in the morning and went for a swim session in the afternoon with the tri club - totalled about 2500m.

Today - well, just bought a turbo trainer and so am just sitting looking at it at the moment wondering what to do on it - anyone got any ideas.... and will probably get out for a an easy run at some point for about 45 mins
  • a4asha4ash Posts: 29
    Hi to everyone from me too

I'm also new to triathlon and the forum, bought a bike on saturday and a turbo trainer so id be interested in what to do on it too.

Today i went out on mountain bike round dalbeattie forest trail, one of the 7stanes, 27k in 1hr 50, thats all off road.

Ash
  • NickNick Posts: 66
    hi all. did 13mile run today and beat my pb for 1/2 matathon in the process.......which was nice.
    Good to see thingslike this on this thread, Nick.Makes others want to go out there and beat their pb's too. Way to go man.

Did a hour and a half bike today. Had 47k when I got home, which is not bad at all for me.

I suppose this base training is really good foundation.[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
  • Sleaford Half Marathon for me this morning, first one so i haven't got a PB yet. Went round in 1:37. (I suppose that is my PB)[:)]

Aching now!!![:@]
    today a steady 5k run, then 40 mins in gym weight training, then yoga 45mins
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Today's training. Nothing. Absolutely nothing, all on account of the utter agony going on in my right calf. Had to run 20m for the train this morning and even that set me off with burning pain for an hour.

Seeing the doctor on Wednesday. Hope he can do some magic.

Meantime... swimming and cycling are OK, so looking forwards to tomorrow's big swim class. And my birthday present is in the post - nice new Planet-X carbon forks to replace my heavy chromoly ones. Can't wait to fit them at the weekend and do my 50k circuit. Weeeee!

Keep the inspirational training news up while my leg gets better!
  • jayjayjayjay Posts: 10
    i did a 5km swim with a squad yesterday. i get a real buzz from such a massive slog!! day off today.
  • NickNick Posts: 66
    thanks for the encouragement Benny. i seem to have turned a bit of a corner with my running. will start by saying i'm not a natural runner but do enjoy it. did 4miles today and managed to maintain 7min/mile well chuffed with that. [:D]
    Yesterday 1 hour swimming and today 1hour light running. Great stuff this training
    10k run steady yesterday and 1hr swim today
    6k run with some accelerations (first time since octobre sice knee injury[:'(]).It was my fourth run in a row that was pain-free[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]. I really hope its past now.

1/2 hour swim at 6 am.
    Good to se that the knee is holding up Benny. Ialso had a great day - I got a PB for my 60km turbo session :43kmh it has taken a long time to break through the 42 point something mark but I finally did it!
  • none yet, will go do 1500m swimming at 6 though. sorry that probly isn't very motivating is it
  • Building up to my first sprint tri in May . Did 600m swim, 15k bike and 3.75 run this morning. Full distance end of March.
  • None today, none tomorrow....I've had enough of this training.........

Only joking!! Off Snowboarding in Canada on Saturday (I'm really not too excited....) for 2 weeks.

Really hoping don't do anything stupid and damage essential limbs, as looking to IM this year!!!

Keep it going dudes, especially now the evenings are lengthening.....

G Dawg.
  • coscos Posts: 3
    38 min steady run and 1600m swim with some 100m & 200m efforts. All before 8am, very tired all day in work!

1 hour recovery run - junk miles really! Then went around to my mates house to see his new bike (MTB Salsa) for a trans-alp journey.
    bike commute; 32k.

Will do a squash game with the lady this evening (1 hour). Guess that will make me very very tired[&o]
    steady 10k run thurs, rest fri and sat then a 20k bike 5k run brick today (my 1st ever brick)
    1,5hour bike on saturdat.

1 hour swim on sunday morning, some running (7k) in afternoon.

Really lousy weather, lots of wind(or typhoon if you like[:'(][:D]).
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Right, been sick with a cold that just wouldnt go away for 3 weeks and i've just started training again so not doing very much at the moment. Yesterday i did a 30 minute run (more like a jog!) and an hour swim.

today i had to have a bit of a lie-in to recover from the training yesterday, but when i get home tonight i plan on doing a brick session-30 minutes on the bike trainer in front of the telly followed straight after by a 15 minute run.
    Mon - 40mins weight training, 1hr yoga

Tues - 2k row, 40 mins weight training, 20k run

Wed - 1hr swim