Home Chat General Chat

Tattoos ??

Have heard a number of opinions on triathlon tattoos, especially Ironman ones.

I plan to do IM Austria this summer and then get the 'M-Dot' tattoo as soon after as possible. My thoughts are that (for me) this is a massive achievement and one which I will be hugely proud of. Having a company logo on my skin for the rest of my days will be a reminder to me in my dotage and a sign to others!!

Assuming I get round the course, obviously!

Any of you guys got one or thinking of getting one done?

PS I have 2 small tats already - my kids initials on my chest and a Nietzsche quote on my arm.

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I'd say if you want it and have achieved it, then get the ink done.

I have 2 tribals and I don't think I would get the M-dot tattoo if I finish an IM.

But its a personal choice. If you want it , get it.

Be proud of what you've achieved.[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
  • FreeNFitFreeNFit Posts: 9
    If you love it..do it! Good luck!
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    I'm doing ironman UK this year, and if i finish i'm definitely getting a tattoo to remember/celebrate my achievment. it will be my first tattoo, but i'm gonna make it a bit more special that the standard logo. not gonna give the details away though.....[:)]
  • triNicktriNick Posts: 14
    I had the same thoughts. I did not have any tattoos before I got mine.

For me it was a HUGE accomplishment. I never thought I would ever be able to do something like that, complete and ironman race.

I got the tattoo as a reminder of my achievment and for show. When I feel like I can't do something, or I think something it tough, looking at my tattoo reminds me that nothing is impossible.

When I got mine, I decided to be a bit unique with my m-dot tattoo. I got mine with the flag colors of Brazil since that was my first IM race.

http://public.fotki.com/triNick/ironman_brazil_2006/dscn2700.html

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I definetely agree with you guys on the personal touch stuff. Makes the thing very unique.

Are you the guy with the hat and glasses on the next picture, trinick??
  • triNicktriNick Posts: 14
    benny,

yeah that's me...

• those photos are cool nick...........the swim start one from above is funny.

cool tatoo you well deserve it.

i should have mine in the first week of july.

peace.
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    Hey Nick - very cool tat - love the individuality!

Thinking of doing something different with mine, when I get it but still playing with ideas!

• feesfees Posts: 28
    I got my tattoo on my lower back after i finished my first Ironman. I have no regrets. Going for my 4th IM in 5 weeks.
  • i got mine on my chest as it was the only space i had left (numbering up is good fun for me) it's done in celtic knotwork with a knotwork ring round it .
  • gpgp Posts: 4
    Hi,

I got an IM tattoo after I finished IMUK last year. If you want it get it. Its a great achievement.

Good luck with it.