Home Chat General Chat

Hip pain cycling

Hi all,

I've been cycling on the exercise bikes at my gym recently as I haven't been able to get out on my bike. After about 15mins I get a pain in my left hip, feels like it's right at the socket. I can still cycle, but it's uncomfortable and I don't want to make it worse.

It doesn't seem to happen when I cycle on the roads and I was wondering if anyone knew what it might be and if there is anything I can do to stop it?

Any help is most appreciated!

Comments

• Hey,

Not very helful to you Dukey3d, but I'd love to know the answer to your question as it sounds like I have the same problem, only my pain in mostly on the right side.

Tri1stimer
  • gaterz1981gaterz1981 Posts: 233
    maybe the seating position not correct for your body shape? Also if the saddle is larger on the gym bike it might be trying to spread your legs outward on the down stroke.

• BilleyBilley Posts: 4
    Have you got the exercise bike saddle as near correct height as possible?. Otherwise it could be just that awful saddle. Also beware 'bad' bearings as exercise cycles are usually very poorly maintained with seriously loose pedals/cranks. They should have a government health warning. Gym fees ought to have a government wealth warning!.