Home Chat General Chat

Swimming book?

Alright, Can anyone recommend a swimming book that is a 'must read' for triathlon (Sprint/olympic). Preferably something that focuses on training, technique and drills etc. Dunno which to choose as seems to be lots!

Thanks[:)]

Comments

• I could do with the same book.
  • NickNick Posts: 66
    i've gone for "total immersion for triathletes" its a bit wordy but easy to follow.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    'Total immersion' a top selling book on swimming. You'll find two kinds of people who read/followed this school for fishlike swimming. The ones who hate/ don't feel it and the ones who swear by it almost as a lifestyle. I'm following it right now and yesterday for the first time I really start believing in it (after trial and error for over 2 months). Normally my best stroke rate is approx. 19/25metres. In the last week it dropped to 16 without losing speed.[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]

So, I definately can recomend this one!!
  • NickNick Posts: 66
    definitly a "marmite" situation either love it or hate. i've done a workshop session for some of the drills, it was useful to do. technique is the most important thing with swimming.
  • the bellythe belly Posts: 125
    [:D]I HATE IT... so what other books are there out there for swimmers besides that total immersion stuff surley ther must be books or magazins that swimmers read ? or maybe they cant read? so there is none... theres running books and cycling books with all sorts of training plans etc so where are the swimming books?[:D]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I checked on amazon and you're right belly: Swimmers definetely don't read a lot[:D]

There isn't really much choice on serious training books. So you need to like TI, otherwise get some coaching. Like you need it belly, you'll fly past us on the bike anyway[;)].
  • polyotterpolyotter Posts: 17
    what sort of things would you want included in a book specific for triathlon training? please email me at [email=triathlonswimming@hotmail.com]triathlonswimming@hotmail.com[/email]