Home Chat Race Chat

stratford 220

hi is anyone else doing the stratford 220 triathlon, or has anyone done, think it used to just be called the stratford sprint[8|], whats the bike/run like?????????????

Comments

• trudgertrudger Posts: 61
    Hi Mike_tri.

I've done this event for the past 3 years, its well run and has a good sized field.

The bike is a loop around the lanes from stratford out to the M40 and back. Its mostly flat apart from a 1 mile hill up the dual carriageway, at about 8 miles. Once this hill is done its a nice flat/downhill back into stratford.

The run a couple of laps of a 2.5km T-shaped loop which goes down the side of the river avon - SO NO HILLS !!!.

This race is run twice a year, later on called the warwickshire tri. So its good to compare the times over the same course to see how much you improve, well thats the theory.

• Dave BoyDave Boy Posts: 94
    Hi yes I have done this one few times.But stopped swim was a bit manic felt it spoilt the event.Other wise bike and run good.
  • mike_trimike_tri Posts: 60
    Thanks for the replies dave and trudger the bike and run sound very nice, swim sounds scary though. Thinking about doing the warikshire tri later then to compare. Is it exactly the same course??????????
  • I did the later race last year and a guy i met there said he'd done both and it was identical. I'm gonna do it again this year. I'm Bristol (name gives it away slightly!) so stayed the night before cos its a lovely town.

The swim is a bit manic but it only 400m, the cycle is mainly flat with little traffic and the run seems shorter than 5k cos there are so many turns. I like the course mainly cos i got my PB there 1hr 09.

Really enjoyable race.

• mike_trimike_tri Posts: 60
    cool sounds like i've entered myself for a nice event. has anyone out there ever done both before it sound like good motivation, when is the warwickshire triathlon??????
  • trudgertrudger Posts: 61
    mike.

I did both events last year, and its a good way of keping the motivation going.

The Warwickshire is 5th October. Its run across exactly the same course as May, but for some reason the number of entrants seems smaller and more club orientated.

Still good to see if the time go down between the 2.