Home Chat General Chat

10k pre-race scoff

GGGG Posts: 82
Evening all,

I noramlly eat lots around two hours before a 10k road race (thats corrrect, no swim or bike[:'(]). Porridge and a bannana then around 500ml of water about 45mins before the off.

After speaking to a friend today he commented that he only has a bannana and a packet of Dextro tablets!

I dont think ill change my routine as it works for me, but out or curiosity what would/do you guys eat/drink before a 10k road race?

GG

Comments

• PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    My 10k races are usually early enough, a 9.30am start, so I'd only be getting up around 8.30am (complicated lie-in rota my wife and I have had since we've had kids) so straight up I'll have porrige and honey, a mug of coffee, a pint of water and then about 10 mins before the race a bottle of Lucozade Sport which may well be only of psychological benefit but I think it works. If nothing else it's valuable fluid so no harm except maybe for my dental bills.
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Normally i would have a bannana and an energy drink about 1-2 hours before hand but would have eaten well the night before.

Dont like to much pre race due to nausea.[:-][:-]
  • insideinside Posts: 22
    usually breakfast followed by banana or fruit for a 10k

Porridge is my usual race breakfast but only if it is a tri and/or has a lot of hanging around at the start or long trip