Home Sell Triathlon Gear

need energy

hi, am new to this site and new to triathlon. I am a brickie and as you can imagine am on my feet and very busy all day.

Are theer any more builders or brickie on this site? If so, is there anything i can do to give me more energy to train before and after work?

I am back training after i tore my ankle ligaments which put me out for about 10 months[:(]. I have been training hard for about 12 weeks now and is going pretty well. I just got to shed a few pounds so dont want high calorie stuff just something to give me a boost.

cheers guys

(am loving this site!)

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Hey matty,

my English is not perfect; what's a 'brickie'??
  • mattymatty Posts: 37
    bricklayer. sorry posted my msg on wrong subject!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Well, I'm not a brickie, but a roof worker. But I guess that's the same amount of physical outside labour. I don't do a lot of strength training(if any, only one month during winter), cause I think work gives me enough strenght training already.

About your question: is it energy that you need, or some way to get motivated to train that you look for?? Cause I believe motivation lifts the energy levels in some way?

Greets.

• mattymatty Posts: 37
    Hi Benny,

Thanks for the reply. Its more the energy that i need. I think i am going to look into the nutritional side of triathlon energy rich food that is not high in fat.

I am pretty motivated but i dont think i am eating enough maybe?

I am swimming 6000 to 8000m a week, running 10 to 15 miles a week and biking 30 to 50 miles a week so am doing enough training again maybe too much[:-]

All the best Benny