Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• a4asha4ash Posts: 29
    Now starting to try and split training into morning then evening, this week as follows

mon 5k run am, 1hr weight training pm

tues 3.5k run (hill sprints) am, 1 hr weight training pm

wed rest am, 1500m swim pm

today 10mile bike am, tonight 1 hr weight training, abs, lower back and core

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Good luck with the split training ... it reminds me of what will be in a few weeks time!

Today is a junk day or " go out and train for the sake of it day and lose more weight whilst you're at it you fat ****! Anyway I did 49.28 trail running at a slow pace - great fun as I got to use my new tril specific shoes ( I love kit and only do the sport because there is so much "necessary" kit to justify). Tomorrow I do do 20kM.

This month's targets are weightwise sub70kg (pre exercise) and 92min 20km!

• legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Oh it's sooooo good to post this one - first session since 24th Feb!!!

30 Min run

1 hour coached swim - technique and strength session 1840metres

IT WAS GREAT!
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    First day of combining 3 diciplines. Swam for 30min then cycle 8 mile and ran 3 mile. Legs got me a bit on the run so had to cut it short, but getting there first race in May at Dorchester.[;)]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    swimming some laps for half an hour, rounded up with some pool fun with wife and kids.

Different approach, great fun(son of 4 and daughter of 1 1/2)[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
  • PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    Did the Fleet half marathon today in lousy weather in 1:41, a fraction outside my target of getting inside 1:40 (ideally wanted 1:38) but as it was my first time over the distance and given the week I've had (2 chiro visits due to a really sore lower back and a tummy bug on Tuesday) I'm pleased.

Being new to the distance I maybe held back a fraction too much in the first half. I told myself to be cautious until the hour mark and then press on a bit depending on how I felt and I was feeling good until 10 miles, the last 3 were tough though so useful to know.

I was faster than younger guys wearing running club vests so that made me feel good!

Strictly speaking this doesn't belong in the "training" thread but I view these races as part of my training schedule.

• PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    First timer wrote:

First day of combining 3 diciplines. Swam for 30min then cycle 8 mile and ran 3 mile. Legs got me a bit on the run so had to cut it short, but getting there first race in May at Dorchester.[;)]

Good effort - well done. Welcome to the wobbly leg feeling.
    10 k run, pain free once more[8D].

Lots of rain, but a mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do[;)]
    120kM with the cycle club,nothing spectacular but good fun! Good effort PC and Benny the Spring will come soon - even in Belgium!
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    woohoo! i can finally start training after 4 weeks of being out with a cold and then a chest infestion. did 2 hours on the bike on saturday, back to proper training tomorrow
  • a4asha4ash Posts: 29
    fri - 2k swim

sat - 1hr gym session

sun - 2 hr off rd mountain bike

unfortunately crashed big time, damaged leg (hopefully just grazed and bruised), cut head and arm but worst thing, broke little finger and have to have 2 strapped together, so prob now no swimming or bike for a few weeks?

on the positive side, my running will surely improve as i wont be able to do anything else

tonight - rest

tomorrow - rest

" " "

" " "

oh no a4ash! thats awful. hope you get better soon

managed an hour run this morning in zone 2. felt ok so can def get back into my training, at long last![8D]
  • [url=http://www.oursdownload.com/convert-DVD-video-to-iPod-video.html] Share : how to rip DVD and convert Video to iPod[/url]

[url=http://www.oursdownload.com/dvd-to-iphone.html] Share : how to convert dvd and video to iphone [/url]

[url=http://www.oursdownload.com/Zune-Video-Converter,dvd-to-Zune,dvd-to-Zune-converter,Zune-converter.html] Share : how to convert dvd and video to zune [/url]

[url=http://www.oursdownload.com/PSP-Video-Converter,dvd-to-PSP,dvd-to-PSP-converter,PSP-converter.html] Share : how to convert dvd and video to psp [/url]

[url=http://www.oursdownload.com/dvd-to-apple-tv.html] Share : how to convert dvd and video to Apple TV [/url]
  • scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    ok this goodfriend is annoying!!

if you look at the bottom left of his post you can block him!!
    i've emailed admin and they've already emailed to say they've blocked him/her. very quick!
  • scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    nice one! that was quick!!

now back to training talk!

I haven't posted on this subject yet so as I'm here!

today I went for a swim at 6am 2200m in total, won't go into detail of what drills I done etc...

then at 11:00 I went for a run, doing my lactate threshold interval session that lasted 45mins...

Then at 1:30 I went out on bike (its so cold) doing same as run (working on improving lactate threshold, doing intervals)

and for a 15 minute run after that, to work on running of the bike!

now rest....till the next day[&:]

by the way I do shift work and today is my day off incase you thought I done that in my lunch break and stuff[&:][&:]
  • lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    Um not quite as hardcore as scott298 i'm afraid to say but i did just run the farthest I have run and easily too! Did 5 and half miles (8.85km) in under 45 minutes. pretty chuffed as could have easliy uped the pace but was just trying to do a long steady run. [:)]

• LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Hour long tempo run this morning, got a lunch time swim planned at the moment (and then beer and curry night....)
    Brick session this morning before work, 45 minutes zone 2 on the bike followed by 15 minute run. was hard work getting up this morning!
  • AdyShawAdyShaw Posts: 19
    10K Cross Country Race for me today. Lovely and muddy in parts, great fun. A bit of variation in the training program always helps.[:)]
    yesterday evening did a max heart rate running test. Stranded on 189. Last year it was 184.

Really suffered, but needed to be done[>:].

easy swim today; 1 mile straight.

Bummer,a4ash, just read about your stunt biking.

Get better soon[X(].
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    nice 1 hour swim, making good gains but struggling to get used to breathing on opposite side.... trying to train for both!!!
  • lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    Have done no training since Wed as feeling rough (aching, cold etc) [:'(]. really annoying especially as have a 4 day wknd!! Hoping to go swimming tomorrow. We shall see....[8|]
    I've been ill for a few days but am back at it again - 40mins trail running on Thursday, and yesterday I ran 20km in the wind,rain, ice and snow in 98 mins (1.38.25) it was character building. Hope everybody has a great Easter.
    bike-run brick of 1hour yesterday.

2k swim today, satisfied cause it went quite easy. I have to up the mileage, cause doing my first 1/2 tri in 3 months!
    in gym..... 45 mins bike, 25 min run
  • rodderzrodderz Posts: 14
    80 km 3hr ride at 130 - 140 bpm.
    10k run, 52 mins.... MUST improve.
  • rodderzrodderz Posts: 14
    52 mins is what i did my first 10k TT in about 4 weeks ago.