Home Chat General Chat

Equipment Question

Hey everyone,

Im new to triathlon but become seriously into it recently... im looking to do a couple of short course triathlons and duathlons this year and hopefully head for an olympic distance for next year... im thinking maybe the Phuket Laguna triathlon '09 due to my father in law already have done this and he recommends it.

Anyway, enough about me, my question to all you experienced triathletes is..... im looking to get all my kit, what do I need? i.e wetsuit, bike, tri suit.... i dont want to miss anything out. Also would love your recommendations on the items..... as far as money goes, I would like to spend about £1500 all in all.

Thanks for any responses. [:)]

Comments

• BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    I would seriously look into some of the packages offered by shops, it looks as though you get a good deal from them.

Otherwise think about getting a well fitted bike, not the best offer you can find on line, a good pair of running shoes, bike helmet, wetsuit, trisuit, cycling shoes etc. This list could go on and on and no doubt some of the gear freaks will mention some random stuff. Get the basics for now and the other stuff later.

David.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    I have seen some good packages in 220 mag that I thought about but thought maybe I would get better stuff if I bought seperate. What im thinking to buy is... bike, helmet, cycling shoes, tri suit, running shoes, HRM (any recommendations on this?), goggles, wet suit..... ermmmm things thats all. is there anything else i would need?
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Small items not to over look - decent bag, decent sunglasses - You'll look cool or they'll hide your suffering, decent water belt, elastic laces and a cap
  • I can recommend the £499 package from TriUk, I bought one myself after getting a more experienced triathlete to take a look at it. It's got all you need (and I'm not on commision!!)