Home Chat General Chat

wetsuit repairs

Help please...

I have an inch long tear in my wetsuit and its not on the seem, is there any way i can repair it?

Any advice would be fantastic.

Lee

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    A guy called 'slat' or 'slats' or so knows this stuff. You could pm him, maybe you'll get a quicker answer.

I think he worked on wetsuits for some time in the past.

Hope this helps,

Benny.
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    I have spoken to someone at Tri UK due to a similar prob.As long as the tear is only superficual use some rubber solution ,the same as in your puncture repair kit and place a couple of books on it for a while untill set.

Hope this helps . [8|]

Adrian
  • Thanks for the tip adrian, I'll give it a go and hope for the best. If it doesn't just work I'll just have to buy a new one!

See you in dorchester,

Lee

• Hi B N,

Last year I constantly repaired mine using rubber solution on numerous splits, all of which held. I'm about half a stone lighter this year so hopefully won't burst out of it this season!

Good luck and happy gluing
  • insideinside Posts: 22
    agreed - I think the stuff is called black witch or somethng like that. I got some from a surfing shop.

You can also send it to terrapin. They did mine a few years ago - the bottom of the zip came away and you couldn't see where they had done it. They repair all makes