Home Chat General Chat

Wetsuit hire/buy Oxford??

Alright All,

Am hoping to do some practice lake swims soonish to help prep for my 1st tri @ Blenheim in June so guess its time to rent or buy a wetsuit.

Can anyone suggest anywhere near Oxford where I can do this please? many thanks Chris [:D]

Comments

• dougaldougal Posts: 3
    Hi Chris i am also doing blenheim for the first time. And i know the guys at fit 2 run in Abingdon have a new batch of wetsuits coming at the start of april,i do not believe they hire. hope this is helpfull, good luck

Matt.
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    TriUK do a mail order hire service which I used last year.

I live just North of Aberdeen and found the service to be superb. The staff were very helpful when I called.

At the end of the hire period, I decided to keep the suit and they kept my deposit - everyone was happy!

[color=#666600]http://triuk.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=157&category_id=6&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26[/color]

This is the link to the hire page - £25 for the season!
  • KiwiPaulKiwiPaul Posts: 46
    I too used the Tri-UK annual rental service two years ago and got a brand new entry level Foor wetsuit. Come the end of the season I figured they could keep my £100 deposit and I kept the suit as I was really pleased with it. Still does the job just fine. Remember though, if you're going to rent you will get charged for nicks/repairs etc so look after it as if it was your own.
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    Re TriUK I am lucky in that I live in Devon and Yeovil is in easy reach, I read all the info on tinternet and decided to pop up and visit them today. I can only speak as I find and can't praise them enough, really helpful, nice people.

I came away with a rental suit, which, as has already been said I get the option of buying at the end of the season.

They do the postal service but if you are like me and fall in between sizes it's worth the trip to get the right fit. Plus you get to look at all the shiny new bikes and other toys.

Trying it out tomorrow with my first open water swim training.

Good luck, hope it helps.