Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    40k bike ride alone, well, I was accompanied by cold snowy weather, but I'm sure thats not a great training partner[8|].

Hope you all have great holidays-training.
  • 12k run in hailstones yesterday

get the old bike out tommorow i think
    10k run this morning.

Hey middleofthepack,

wake up, are you dead[&:]???

Havent heard you on this thread for a while!!!
  • a4asha4ash Posts: 29
    Had a week off with a broken finger and various cuts and bruises from last sundays mountain bike crash but couldnt wait any longer so i taped my lower arm to the tri bar pad as i cant grip and did 20mile bike today, got caught out in the snow and have been thawing out all afternoon. Just had to pray all the way round that i didnt need to stop or fall off, which fortunately i didnt.

Tomorrow i plan to get up early and run 5k before work
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    50km on the fixed wheel.. now that's a great training session - no relenting - I would urge you all to get a fixed wheel and to do the miles on it it has a multitude of benefits; keeps you at a constant cadence, keeps you fast, and there's no where to hide!
    and its an easy way to plant your face on the asphalt[:D].

Fixed wheel is a bit scary to me. But heard a lot of good things about it, so maybe one should try it.

Early morning 1 mile swim today.
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    75 Minute easy run this morning (11km), got a swim session planned for lunch time....

Short run on friday so I can try out my new trainers with profeet insoles!
  • Mile Swim, 10k run today
    55 minutes of hard trail running - great fun! Tomorrow I will sort out a new programme - it's time to step things up a level!
    9 hours of bringing 100 kilo of sand from point A to B. Alternated with bringing bluestone tiles from point A to B. How's that for some base endurance power training[8D].

Really chuffed,now bring on those extra earned calories[:D].
  • lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    Ah the often forgotten work that gets in the way of training and stuff! All good. Weirdly i couldnt sleep so gave up trying at 5.30am got up and went for a 30 minute run down by the river. Pretty spectacular but dont plan on making too many 5.45am runs!!

Then work... then span for 50 minutes keeping 85 - 90rpm with a few intervals of higher resistance and climbs. Shattered now...[&:]
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Speed session last night on the running track 10 x 400m

Recovery swim this morning 6 x 200m at various speeds

and about to head out into the drizzle for a tempo run and the last workout of the week, also trying it in new trainers with custom insoles - should be interesting.....
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    1.8k swim in bang on 27 minutes yesterday (6min/400 pace)... really starting to ramp it up now, bringing up the pace over the last 400m to a 100m sprint at the end. Did another 500m of drills afterwards to celebrate!

Brick tonight: 1hr bike intervals, 40min run intervals. Looking at the cruddy weather this will have to be in the gym. Probably do 800m slow swim afterwards, just because I LOVE IT!
    Good one bofomopo. Today I mostly did a very hilly 20km rum (2 laps of a 10km course) and..... I got my 2nd fastest time ever 94mins 37 secs. I'm quite pleased with it as I was not fast o the 1st lap but got into the groove at 1 hour gone. I really think I'll invest in some compression wear - SKINS or 2XU?
    1 mile swim this morning. Hope to do the long run in the afternoon or evening, just waiting for some decent weather. This is really starting to bug me, thankfully spring is at hand (I hope).
    Yesterday - 8 mile hilly cross country run muddy and wet but was awesome! Farthest i have ever ran and found it pretty easy - took about 1 hour and 10 minutes but quite a few map stops to check i didnt get lost in the back end of nowhere! [:D]

Day off today.....
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    nice 10k bike in gym for warm up then a 10k run, managed to take a minute off my time - 51 mins PB
    Well done on the the new PB sfuller. Today I went out with my cycle club for a very fast 100kM (with coffee stop). I went well, but this is the last group ride for a while as I plan to go out on my tri-bike from next Sunday onwards.
    Thanks, looking to get it below 50 in the near future... also Im planning on running my first 20k to set myself a new taregt to beat. Prob next week.
  • NickNick Posts: 66
    seems to be the day for p.bs i set mine for 1/2 marathon today, 1hr36mins. such a great feeling to make a pb, well done sfuller
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Didn't get a chance to post last night.... but anyway: 3400m swim session. Combined distance and drills. I have settled into this distance as a 'standard' set. Happy to share if anybody is interested.

Short run tonight, mini-taper for a 400m swim time trial tomorrow night as part of my coached session. To follow the current theme, I'm aiming to beat my PB (was 2 seconds off last month). I'll let you know.
    well don to Nick and good luck to Bopomofo.

Did a quality hour swim. 15 mins warm up swimming and then 4 sets of 400m with about 5 mins break in between then a 10 mins cool down swim.
    Good work by every1 it seems - thanks for the inspiration. Had 1 hour sleep last night - dunno why (V annoying!) and wasnt feelin too up for training. However...

Just did a reasonably paced 35 minute run down along the river Thames. Now i need sleep. [&o]
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Rest day today, managed 18/19 mile multi terain run yesterday across the coastal path here in Dorset. bloody good to do it and the weather was gorgeous.[:)]
    It looks kike the change in time is hving an effect on us all - everyone is up for it! Today I did a 1.9km swim (76 lengths) at as fast a pace that I cn manage : 45.32 ; not great but swimming is my weakest discipline. Now I have to do a raft of tests and work out is it better/easier to save 5 minutes by working on my swimming for approx 10% improvement or should I get those 5 minutes by improving the bike and run. A no brainer!
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Went out in the sun again today for a 17 mile cycle at max h/r then hour later into the pool for one hour of drills and easy warm down.

This sun certainly makes a difference its great to be out after all the indoor training.[8D]
    5 min row warm-up, nice 45 min bike and a steady 5k run.... all in gym.
  • jdoarchjdoarch Posts: 2
    2250m swim this morning, I've been doing the drills posted on tri247.com for 2 weeks now and has cut my average strokes per length from 20 to 18, well worth checking it out.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I rode for the first time in Leeds (a place which has 13 times the national average of road related deaths) after a winter mostly spent on the trainer and out in the country. It was one of the worst experiences of my life, especially as i am trying to get used to clipless pedals and aero bars! But being a triathlete is about never giving up, so i shall go out 2moro!
  • Cross country run for 1hr this morning and 2500m swim at dinner time - wanted to get out on the bike but its blowing a gale and lashing down - gunna chillout now i think and then give the 3400m swim session a go tomrrow am.. big thanks to Bopomofo!!!