Home Chat General Chat

sprint or super sprint??

Hi all, I am new to tri but have been back in training at thye start of the year due to torn ankle ligaments which put me out for about 10 months. Am doing 400 swim in the 6m 50's, 20k bike in 35 mikns & 5k in 23ish mins.

As i havent done a tri yet should i go for a couple of sprints first or go BIGGER[:@]

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Good luck for the new season everybody and hope you are all injury free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• toadtoad Posts: 104
    Do what ever takes your fancy...... then try to beat your times.

enjoy

• Hi, they are really good times, you should be up at the top of the pack with those times. i would do a few sprints to get you back into it and see how you feel. As the saying goes " don't try to run before you can walk" Good Luck!
  • dee999dee999 Posts: 41
    [:D]hi matty!

i would agree with the others....do whatever you feel like doing!!

my hubby and i took up tris last year, and we have done 4 super sprints ( as we started late in the season!!)- this year we have 8 planned, and 7 are super sprints, but we are aiming to complete a sprint (only because it is near our home!!), all i can say, is just enjoy yourself- we go for a challenge, and for "fun"- its great to tell workmates on monday morning that you did a triathlon at the weekend!! most will think you are super human!! (dont worry about being last either- we have noticed these people always get the biggest cheers!![:)]
  • mattymatty Posts: 37
    thx guys i will just close my eyes and point my finger and do that one. LOL

still got to lose half a stone as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[:(][:(][:(]