Home Chat General Chat

Under the wetsuit - what should I wear??

Ok I really cant fathom what I should be wearing under my wetsuit for my 1st sprin tri at Blenheim (Open water lake swim).

Should I wear a tri suit under or just tri shorts or something else?? A lepoard skin thong perhaps?? [;)] All advice much appreciated. I am guessing that whatever shorts i wear under should be good to wear on the bike and have a bit of padding but also need to dry out and not hold water. Would really like to know what other peolpe wear and some names of specific products peolpe find good. Ta

Comments

• KiwiPaulKiwiPaul Posts: 46
    Last year I just wore my tri shorts under my wetsuit and put a top on in T1. This year i'll be wearing my tri top as well to save faffing about slowly pulling a top over wet body - try it one way then a different way next time and get your own preference. Clearly if you have a tri-suit then that's what you'll wear and keep your thong hidden !!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    TRI-SUIT, no doubt!
  • toadtoad Posts: 104
    If you havent got a tri suit I would do what kiwi paul is doing, tri shorts and shirt under the wetsuit, it was really hot at blenheim last year so clothes dried quickly, also you might find using some wetsuit friendly lubricant around the wrists and ankles to facilitate removal in T1.

Enjoy and hope the weather is good

• lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    Cheers all - much appreciated. Gonna get myself a trisuit then. So its not uncomfortable under a wetsuit then?

Thanks [:)]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    If it fits you,you even won't notice it[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]