Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    55 minute recovery run - very pleasant!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    10k run with a few accelerations. Really good to feel that one can still go fast after months of slow base training. My body memorised this faster stuff. Hope everyone's training is going well,but when reading this forum, it looks everyone's getting ready.

Thank goodness:RACE SEASON is approaching[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image][8D]

• lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    Sunshine and warm - [:D]. lets hope it holds out. just had my 1st advanced swim lesson. Pretty good i think and it seems my training and technique practice has been paying off. Averaging 16/17 strokes per 25m so pretty happy with that. Lets hope for more sun tmrw so we can all get out on our bikes!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Short coached swim drills session last night, 1000m-ish, also did my monthly 400m time-trial AND I GOT MY PB... 5:42. It might not be the world's best, but it's my best and I'm very pleased. [:D]

It's going to be a good year!

50km ride home from work tonight.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    well done mate, quality time.

5 min hardcore row for warm up, then quality 10k run... felt hard today but managed another PB of 50mins, dont see me beating that for a while. Doing a 10k in June down Hackney way and am hoping to get to 45 mins by then, what do people think my chances are?
    Wednesday is turbo day, none of this nancy boy spinnervals for me ... I just get on and do 60km as fast as I can - and after a year of dicking about with 10 on 5 off etc I honestly believe its much better. Today's score was slightly down on my lst one I averaged 42.1 kmh (time 1hr 25 mins 30secs). Great Stuff
  • Well done Bopomofo - I think thats a quality time

Did my first proper brick today, being new to this an all - 20k bike 5k run - managed total time of 63 mins, didn't push it too hard as I'm told you should feel like you can do it again and also goin for some fitness tests tomorrow so that i can get a heart rate based training programme - should be fun!!
    [/Amazed at treefrog's 42.1kph] Good effort, sir. Remind me to run the other way if I ever see you on the start line of a tri. Unless it's a draft legal race, of course...

My 50km ride home yesterday turned into 60km - it was a beautiful evening and I couldn't help the extra detour!
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    40 min hill repeat session last night - first one in ages -big hills- OUCH! still I felt great afterwards.

Coached swim session tonight - probably about 1800m - we've been doing lost of speed and pace work which means a time trial is on its way - oh please don't let it be tonight! Only slept untill 2pm last night so I feel trashed. I'm in a slower league than a lot of you - if I clear 7.40 I'll be chuffed!

7.5km run at lunchtime... now fighting the need for chocolate [:@]
  • Did a 30 minute eyeballs out time trial on a turbo, hooked up to some sort of all singing and dancing machine - great fun looking back, at the time i couldn't make out any results because everything was blurry - got a good heart rate based programme out of it though... Tomorrow a flat out 2.4km run test (my wost discipline) and then a 1000m swim trial in a big bath thingy... tonight however, Trafford centre in Manchester for a slap up Nando's!!!
    First time in months I could do a bike ride in the evening again(thanks to the change of hour[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]).

Some easy spinning with one leg drills for 10 minutes. Mainly enjoyed the feeling of riding, outside in the daylight; splendid!!!
    I second that Benny! Also been out as had enough light to do so and it wasnt bloody raining or blowing a gale! 42km ride testing out aero bars on the road for the 1st time ever! Awesome as i reckon on average i was 3 - 4mph quicker than without them. However they were scary to use to start with![&:]
    Good to see the emergence of evening cyclists. I've been away with work - overseeing junir rowing trials, and was too busy to run (as I had planned to), and then had to drive throught he night last night so tiredness combined with gale-force wind forced me to cancel the maiden voyage on the P3 - So I've done nothing since turbo Wednesday! However three of my charges have made it onto the national junior rowing team!
  • mattymatty Posts: 37
    did a 2k swim consisting of a 400m warm up, 800m with pull bouy & a 400 at race speed (7mins)

nxt week lots of bike and run in the lovely long nights. (thats if it is not SNOWING!!!!!!!!)[:(][:@]
  • BryanRBryanR Posts: 2
    This weekend I've done 45 minutes bike (25k), 1 hour swim (3000m) and a 9 mile steady run today (1 hour and 9 minutes). Really pleased with that!
    Snow is gone here in Belgium! Just did a 11k run, medium effort.

Yes matty, long nights it is, the weather though??? They forecast another lousy cold week, and after that the only way is up[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image] (we hope [&:]).
    I started the next phase today; it's the first full week in April. This evening it was mostly swimming intervals: Warm up then... 10 lengths on/ 8 off X4 and a warm down. Very tough, but I survrived.
    what does 10 lengths on/ 8 off x 4 mean treefrog?

I swam 1km this am - mixture of 50m and 100m intervals with minimal rest in between. Just ran 4.2 miles in 32.06 - a PB for me so pretty pleased. [:D] Off down to the coast this wknd for long runs along coast, swimming, surfing and hilly rides in Cornwall (Oh and a few beers!). Cant wait. Oh and might check out the snugg wetsuit place down there and get measured up.
    Had a weekend away with friends so no training, just lots of good food, good wine and good company![:D]

Back to it.... 60km bike yesterday (steady pace, some fast stretches and lots of lovely hills). 7.5km run at lunchtime today. Coached swim session tonight.

I'm really starting to feel like racing now.
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Now I've stopped lurking I may as well contribute to this as well. Hopefully it will ensure that I keep doing enough to be able to keep posting.

This morning I had a 45 minute swim mostly reps around 300M.

This evening 6.5mile cycle to work. A bit short to do too much so I was concentrating on some one legged pedalling working on technique.

Of course I am now committed to a 6.5mile minimum ride hope in the freezing cold tomorrow morning.
    An extended recovery run which quickly degenerated into a 55min run. All on forest trails so at least I had plenty of scenery to distract me from the pain!

Lowther : 10 on means 10 lengths flat out -as fast as you can so that you cannot manage number 11.

8 off means 8 lengths at slow recovery pace, so slow that the 8 lengths make up for the 2 missing lengths - so it is effectively a 1:1 on:off ratio and x4 means repeat the set 4 times. No stopping between sets, no excuses about adjusting goggles or looking at the clock its a non-stop session. Record your time taken and repeat for sveral weeks and then test yourself against your benchmark - for me its 76 lengths (IM 70.3 distance) - [10/8 x4 = 72 +2warm-up + 2 warmdown =76!]

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Did spinervals "HAVE MERCY" dvd on the turbo, am now melting!!! Two hours of ladders, high cadence spin sets, race simulations etc.......love it!![:D][:D][:D]
    Sounds pretty good that dvd -might check one out when the weather gets crap again and forced to be indoors!

Swam 1000m pyramid style this morning - 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 150, 100, 75, 50, 25 with 10 min warm up and 5 min cool down. Prob 1250m in all. Felt really good and took minimal rest. Just did an easy 45 minute spin out in the sunshine. [:)]
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    6.5mile bike ride this morning. Not far but far enough to get frozen toes. I must remember to plan for the ride home when I cycle to work.
    Wednesday ie Turbo day; 60km in 1.24.25 (42.7kmh) and I felt ok. Tomorrow I get to see what it's really like as I've entered a time trial where wind, uneven surface, undulating terrain and aerodynamics come into play.
    60km hilly bike ride yesterday, took me 2:15 although I was held up by a lot of traffic getting out of town - average was 30kph for the clear roads. I'll be really interested to know how your real-world time compares to your turbo time, treefrog.

Forgot to go running at lunchtime - got the day wrong. D'oh.

Brick tonight: 20mins bike (building pace), 10mins run, 3 times.
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Hey Chris - great to see you are enjoying the swim! I have a session tonight.

Last training session was a relentless 10km uphill run oh I HATE running!

Just had new compact set put on the bike so must get out for a ride this week.

Tonight will be 1200m + swim
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Bike /run brick 45 min followed by 35 min steady swim.[;)]

Severe hail storm TT cancelled as the road was too dangerous. I was really looking forward to it. I'm a bit annoyed as I've ened up getting nothing done today