Home Chat General Chat

DNF

my third race of the season and second duathlon, my first came 7th, with pro's on the field!

so my aim today was top 3.

it was 5k/30k/5k duathlon.

I had a nice strong run coming in 5th with only a 15 second gap between myself and the first person.

then coming out of transition in fifth with the sixth and seventh, we worked together to catch the others up but I got a bloody puncture[:@] oh well

Comments

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Oh no mate, you must be gutted! good going though. next time you'll have them!
  • scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    cheers jon,

yea pretty gutted!

was well chuffed with the run and the ten miles of the bike that I actually got through!

felt pretty strong running onto the bike!

Even if I didn't make the top 3 I would have walked away with an age group winner trophy, if I didn't get the puncture, so gutted I haven't got my first trophy yet[&:]

oh well it was a good 3.1 mile run and ten mile bike speed training session [:D] thats the way I got to look at it[:)]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Happens to all of us sooner or later. On the bright side; you had yours already now, so you should be safe for a while[8D].

Cheer up: fitness level is great so to hear [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
    yeah I'm in my second week of race specific/high intensity training, and getting decent results.

So hopefully your right, I got my puncture out the way, and it won't happen in any of my big races[;)]
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Ok, that brings up another question I want to ask. if you get a puncture on a race, do you repair? or admit defeat? Personally it has never happened to me, but I have only been doing sprints, I dont even carry a spare tube, I just figure if it goes, it goes! and ill walk to the finish!
    personaly, in short race I would just count it as a DNF!

but a long one such as 70.3 and def Ironman I would repair and carry on, prob also olympic distance too!
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    Blimey.Thats all you need.simular thing happend to me once.got a slow punture.Sad to say but it happens.You learn from it tho.I swar not to race with tyre that dont have a kevlar.Havnt had a punture since
  • Unlucky Scott298, but good to see other good results and see that you were doing well until then... looks like you could be well on your way to achieving your goal of becoming pro... Well Done!!!
    I have done about 2500 miles on those tyres so they were prob getting worn!!

I changed them now so should be ok for a while!

cheers for that painispleasure[:D] bit of a motivation boost[:D]

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Hard luck but you raise a good point take some time to check equipment, and replace the obviuos -whether it needs replaced or not! Tyres, tubes, brake blocks, cables, water bottles, body glide, laces, glasses/goggles lenses, swim caps all take a battering over a season and should be replaced as it will make you go faster (or slower in the case of brakes)