Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    A touch on the late side but it's the first opportunity since I started work. 1000M in the pool this morning after work. Not much distance but it was all in shortish distances concentrating on speed and short rests. Hardest swim session I've done.

This evening I ran to work. 40:57 for the timed bit which is just under 5 miles.
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    1800m swim - pace session. followed by our coaches idea of a laugh

chain swim

one at the front - arms only -

one in the middle - holding on -

one at the back - legs only

the one in the middle (me!!) definately gets the short straw)

still coughing up water now!!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    allright legal, sounds like your coach needs some other sense of humor[:D].

Did a 30k bike ride 2 days ago.

Nothing yesterday (unless working my but off from 6 am till 8.30 pm).

6k run this evening.

Really need to get that mileage up, hopefully this better weather keeps up for the weekend[8D]
    Nothing yesterday. Long hard night Thursday and my boss kept offering me a lift home. Can only say no so many times.

Today 55 minute bike ride steady effort and then 18 minute run at slightly harder effort.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Yesterday I got into my new phase. This meant a 100 min run on the flat; I did it with a bite. I have 100 minutes as my target for IM 70.3, so I run out for 50 minutes but I have a definite target point in mind (a motorway bridge), I know if I make it in under 50 minutes that I'm flying but I then turn around and have to run back to the start in a negative split. Its' great as I find myself constantly monitoring my pace, HR and have to decide "do I go for the bridge or do I turn at 50 minutes?" As it happened I did the run (distance 20 -22 km ...I don't know) in 98 min 3 sec, and I turned at 50 minutes 3 seconds - just 200 M approx short of the bridge. It was great as not only do I see I'm in good form but I have learned so much about pacing and my own running. I reccommend this strategy. Recovery day today and maiden voyage on P3C tomorrow. Good luck to you all.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Usual commute to work, 40 mile round trip, fairly uneventful except hailstones the size of M and Ms hitting me in the face!!!!!! [:@][:@] Got a 6 mile run/jog penciled in for later [;)][:D]
    Brace yourselves ... I did my first proper brick session today, and took the P3C out for the first time. I really wanted to see how my excellent turbo times would stack up against reality. I chose a bad circuit 72.27km down hill out but up hill and head wind return leg. The bike was not set up to my absolute liking. Anyway - having been timed out the last time I tried to post this - I'll get on with it. I averaged just over 35kmh (2.30 for IM 70.30 course). I was disappointed as the turbos averaged 42+kmh. I will try another circuit next week. The run; 6km went very well and the nutrition plan went well as I only lost 200g. I'll keep you all posted and will endeavour to keep a full record & data
    Warmed up on a bike in the gym then ran the local triathlon course flat out. 21:07 which is 13 sec slower than last years tri but then I had to open and close the five gates myself today. Followed up with a 30 minutes drill session in the pool.
  • lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    Been away in Cornwall since Thu and got back yest - took the bike and have done the following training:

Thu - 15mile exceptionally hilly ride from Newquay to Padstow and back along the coast.

Fri - 4 mile run round Newqauy

Sat - 1.5km swim in the local pool in Newquay (Bloody deep as used to be for diving and hard work as it had high sides?)

Sun - 30 mile hard ride. Mix of v steep hills, hills and um more hills. Some great long downhills though.

Mon - 1.5km swim - 8.5 mile run (1.06 mins).

Now off for a curry and moving house tmrw! [:)] Overall pretty pleased!
  • 4Ok cycle in 1hr20 then 45 mins of 6min/mile intervals. Legs are extremely heavy now!

In the pool tomorrow morning then straight to the gym for resistance training. Cant wait to rest my poor legs!

Yo treefrog,

that P3C needs a run-in, once she'll obey you completely you'll touch that 40k border soon[;)].

First (carefull) interval run training this year after long knee injury. Felt awesome; 8k, thet 6k easy recovery run today[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
    Very tired today and snowed under with work so I took a rest day. The P3C will be tweaked and tinkered with and I will hit 40kmh average for a full 90km.

ps Benny cheap is dear means... if you buy the less expensive thing instead of spending your money on a high quality thing then you will end up buying more to replace the less expensive thin. In other words spend more and buy high quality stuff. Actually thats' something on the forum that gets to me from time time - all these whingers asking what decent bike can I get for 200 quid the answer is NONE! There I've said it!

1900M in the pool and 20K cycle round the local tri course. A little concerned that it took 5 mins longer than I managed in September. Maybe the swim sapped some energy or maybe it was the headwind or maybe I've just been going backwards all winter.[;)]
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    You're going to love this.....

8km speed intervals run @ lunchtime...

60km ride home from work...

1hr coached swim session tonight (I expect 2200-2500m of drills)...

Big fat sleep.

Tomorrow is a rest day. Well, maybe just a little swim then.
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Out today on my new bike airlite u6 pro carbon frame..bloody lovely just didnt want to come home but after 13 miles dinner was calling and the wife.

Cant wait to be out again thursday after a mile swim..[:D][:D][:D]
    thanks for the explanation treefrog, and I guess you're right on it[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image].

Bike commute today = 20 miles.

Bad day yesterday,tired & feeling ill so I took the cowards way out and went to bed instead of training - I then got up and got stuck into some work.

Today I had a recovery trail run distance unknown but I was out for 52 minutes, and quite enjoed it.

Never got a chance to logon last night. Did manage to fit in a 50 minute run after work including 5 x 3 minutes hard with 1 minute rest.

Not sure I'm even going to manage that today.
  • (yesterday) before work i did a 1 hr 15 run maintaining sub 7 min mile pace then a 45min turbo session after work.

Day off today... yipeeeee[:D]
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Lookin forward to a day off tomorrow!

Monday - interval training

Tuesday - 1.6 km swim - 34mins - that's good for me!"[:D]

Wednesday - hilly bike to and from work OUCH!!![:@] and Pilates session (1st one - it was great)[:)]

Tonight coached swim 1.8km -hope we don't do that chain thing again![:o]

Tomorrow - off to the PUB[8D]

But - Saturday - long hilly bike planned [:@]

Sunday - 5k run/1.6k swim session booked in[;)]
    nothing since tuesday, probably until sat or sunday[:@][:'(][:o]

Feverish, headache, stomach ache, back pain,... , just like my 2 kids last week!!

Really hate this stuff.

Hope yours goes all well[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m4.gif[/image]
  • 2500m session in the pool (speed drills and technique work)

In the gym lunch time for some resistance and core work.

Wanna a get some T1 brick training in this weekend (turbo @ track) weather permitting.

Also wanna fit in a long cycle if possible!

Rested last two days due to work. Weather today not conducive to long run/ride so went to gym and did a forty minute treadmill run with regularly increasing speed. First time I've ever completed it. Guess I'll have to consider making it harder soon as the idea is that I fail with around 15 minutes to go and have to slow down.

Followed up with 1200M in the pool. Did a benchmark 4x100M with best best golf average yet. Also first time I've recorded an average for the set under 2 minutes.
    Wednesday I had a case of CBA (can't be assed) did not do the turbo session. Thursday I entered a10 mile time trial, I was flying; average 41.9 kmh in blustery conditions, but then disaster struck, I punctured with about 1 mile to go and recorded a DNF.

Yesterday I did the 100 minute run I had a good one, got to the motorway bridge in exactly 50 minutes and did the return leg in 47.43. Very pleased!

Still no training for me, though feel better now. Can eat normal now, don't have to run to the toilet every half hour anymore, don't fall asleep in the middle of the day,... The lousy stuff is over (I hope).

Light at the end of the tunnel!!! Oh my, how I missed real (tri) life.
    Reasons not to move to Belgium. I realise that on on another thread there is move to Belgium debate. I really like Belgium, as a rower I won my first international medal there, the people are great and the sporting opportunities abound! However as I type this,prior to a 90km/10km brick I have to say that the beer is too good. Although one thing remains true - Nobody made me drink the stuff (Duvel! ps Benny I hav tasted Busch at 12%!!!)
    ah, the evil that is beer! If only you could taste them all without being punished the day after![X(] [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/image/s2.gif[/image]

ps: Bush Beer is great (but there are more beers brewed in Belgium that rise above 10°,really hits the spot doesn't it).

Off to a TCR-ish like event now,first time something like thishappens in Belgium. Only 15 minute drive from my house: Oh lucky me [8D]
  • Had a 80k cycle planned yesterday which i did attempt although i had spent the majority of the night before with my head down the toilet!!!! The cycle was horrible... it was wet, windy and cold plus my legs had had no strength whatsoever..... I gave up after 35k !!!

To make matters worse Bristol City lost 2-1 @ Stoke City!!!

Today i had planned a brick session at the running track but feel too weak so I'm gonna rest and eat a hugh roast dinner then watch a few DVD's

• First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Done nothing for two days whilst on shift.

Tommorow 8mile run planned then a mini tri tue Swim 30min,cycle 10mile then a 5 k should get me set for first sprint in 2 weeks.[&:]
  • Hi All! Arn't you all busy!

Not really training, but did my first ever triathlon today!!

Skipton 400m swim/ 20 bike/ 5k run.

Felt great to finally meet other tri-people! (and see therir posh bikes!!!)

Finished in 1h 18min! PB swim at 6:42, bike ride very up and down, run flat.

Anyone else out there do Skipton?

REALLY enjoyed it, limbering up for olympic distance next month in Wetherby

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, i'm a noob.