Home Chat General Chat

Swim cap won't stay on! How embarrassing!

Try putting your goggles strap over the hat instaed of underneath. Might help.... next step glue he he!!![:)]

Comments

• vannenvannen Posts: 9
    Title says it all...!

I've tried everything I can think of, but any swim hat (three to choose from) I use comes off after 200-600 M

I've tried putting it on with wet hair - definitely won't stay on.

Tried with absolutely dry hair - more luck but still comes off eventually.

I've tried squeezing out the air pockets so the cap is tight on my head (some dirty-minded triathletes will be giggling now)

I've tried pulling the cap down over my ears forehead and neck as far as I can - bit better but still comes off.

What on earth am I doing so wrong?!

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Never heard of this.

Maybe shaving could help (Yes bopomfo, all threads involve shaving now[:D]). lol

seriously; is it a good quality silicon cap?
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    Staples might work!

I've taken to shaving my head (grade 1 if your interested!) the stubble keeps the cap on.

As an interesting aside, females love to rub it - very tactile, apparently!!

[:D]
  • pigletpiglet Posts: 86
    shaved heads- seriously sexy[;)][8D]
    Hope you're a 'Miss Piglet' rather than a 'Mr Piglet' !!

[:D]
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    oh i dont know, my ex used to shave her hair every year or so, instead of having her hair cut. Looked proper ace!
    Now you're talking, TommiTri - I'm thinking Demi Moore in 'GI Jane' - ding, dong!!

[:D][:D][:D]
    I dunno about shaving! Having said that I do cut my hair when I want a running PB so maybe I should consider it... Hmm!
    For anyone else having similar problems:

I've found that a good quality silicone hat stays on much bvetter than cheaper ones.

Also, the length of my hair makes a difference. It's never that long, but even at 2-3 inches long it makes keeping the hot on hard work - so I do recommend keeping your hair short...

Thanks for the advice!

• cranmerecranmere Posts: 34
    Recommending a good silicone hat is all very well but the hats provided at races are usually thin rubber which slips straight off my head, after giving me a headache because they are always far too tight. If I put the goggles on top both hat and goggles end up making a bid for freedom. I have very long hair and the best I can do is to twist the hair into a knot on the back of my head and use goggles with a split strap so that one part goes above the knot and one below. My SO doesn't have any problems but his head is smaller than mine so I wonder if it's partly a function of head size.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    What about one of the neoprene Blue Sphere hats with chin straps. Would that be an idea. Probably not brilliant for warmer weather , but at least it'll stay on
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Stick a hat that actually fits you on underneath, then put the race hat on top. You could use bodyglide to make sure you knew which one fell off first.[8D]

Put the goggle strap wherever works best for you. It's late and I haven't thought that far yet....

Am also astonished that Samutri is talking about shaving his head earlier in this thread. I would hve thought that waxing would be his thing. Or sugaring. Or maybe Porridging.
    Strange you should mention that bopomofo...

I did ask my "hair removal lady" to wax my face so I wouldn't have to shave every day, she just told me not to be so stupid!!

I wonder if waxing my head would shave off a few seconds (excuse the pun!) perhaps as much as half a second over an IM course??

I really have to get more sleep [:D][:D][:D]
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Blue Sphere.. what was I thinking last night (oh that's right I wasn't able to think!).. Blue Seventy...!!!