Home Chat General Chat

Sub £1000 road bike

My friend has a grand burning a hole in his pocket and he's looking for a road bike. The current favourite is a Specialized Allez.

Some of the smaller manufacturers have better groupsets for the money (Focus Cayo for example) However It's all about the frame, do the smaller companies make just as good frames?

Scott

Comments

• guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Someone advised me to buy a non top brand name bike as you will get more for your money. You can always check the spec of the bike anyway. Have to confess I bought a Specilized Tarmac Comp. Have you considered buying a bike from last years stock you will definately get more bike for your money, go to the big internet companies they always have offers.
  • trichamptrichamp Posts: 22
    If you're looking for good value road bikes, try JE James of Sheffield. They were really helpful when I bought a Bianchi from them in September as I didn't really have a clue what to look for. We were looking to spend just under £1000 and the bike was listed for £910. We found a cheaper offer somewhere else and got the same price £750 from JE James. They also helped to set me up with the right size too. Also try Wiggle internet site as they seem to have some good deals at the moment!