Home Chat General Chat

Gears

What do you use?

Comments

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Shimano cos it was on the bike when i bought it, but if i was buying it would be SRAM[:D]
  • DTDT Posts: 3
    Shimano Ultegra on my Trek (racing bike) and Campagnolo Mirage on my Bianchi (training bike)
  • what do you prefer?
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Campy cause it was on it when I bought, no real preference though.
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    I have two road bikes and two mountain bikes. Herself has two mountain bike and the road bike. All of them are using Shimano kit at the moment because that is what they came with. If I had to buy something I would probably stick with Shimano because it's least likely to cause problems if I start switching things around.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Campag Record every time,its lighter, better and cooler. Although I have strayed into the sub-culture of bespoke modified componentry; mainly from mad German composites engineering freaks. This stuff is very exotic and very light and very expensive, but not worth it as the performance is just the same, they become obselete very quikly - as herr Engineer seems to improve them on a weekly basis and they are impossible to replace
  • DTDT Posts: 3
    I prefer the Ultegra groupset to the Mirage - better feel, more precise and solid. Not a fair comparison though as Mirage is fairly low in the Campag groupset hiearchy.....
  • Shimano mainly because the shifters are easier to use no matter if your hands are on the drops or on the hoods [8|]
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    Shimano Dura-Ace all the way.The most adaptable road groupset on the market but saying that some of the top end campag is good too