Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Great job in the zone, looks like a great training, so yes you've posted it good.

Did a 10 bike ride with my kid on my back[:)], as a first try to feel if the sick week was over. I think it is, just starting easy again.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Big brick today. Cycled 78 kM mostly into severe head and cross winds at an avaerage of 32.7 kmh, and then a 10kM hilly run in 49.20. This was a good session as I did most of the cycle in the aero position and now know what adjustments & tweaks to make. I also implemented my feed plan which is also broadly quite good, 2 mouthfuls of powerbar berries drink every 10 kM on the bike and 1/4 powerbar cookies and cream bar every 20 kM. On the run a full powerbar to start with and then 2 mouthfuls of berry drink every 10 minutes.

Overall I was quite pleased but need the wind to die before I can get proper cycle data. Good luk to everybody for the week ahead, glad to see you're back to heath again Benny.

• ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    40 minutes of drills in the pool this morning, then spent a couple of hours wondering why it rained on Saturday and again today but was beautiful yesterday when I was at work. Eventually decided to go out for the long run anyway and managed 11.7 miles in 1:50:30 at about 70-75%MHR. Longest run for a couple of months and certainly felt like it towards the end.

Rest day, I mean working tomorrow. Looks like I'll be playing in the rain on Wednesday.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Went to gym for a brick session :

15 min on varied resistance (high cadence) on bike

6 min mile (10mph) 2% gradient on treadmill

repeat 4 times then collapse!!

Then on to the pool for a steady 1500m swim, concentrating on form and stroke. All in all a good day, apart from having to go to work afterwards [:o]
    Crap day today, I have so much work on that I have had to forgo training and get it done. I'm on a short break right now. On the plus side : I probably could do with this rest as I had a hard day yesterday and also once I get this out of the way I'll be in the clear for at least the next month. Might get out tomorrow. Good luck to all
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Hello all.... been a while since I posted, but don't worry: I haven't been slacking.

Done the nice hilly 60km ride home from work loads over the last few weeks, average is now just under 29kph, which is still some way off last year's 35kph, but the cycling legs (and more importantly the hill techniques) are coming back nicely after a winter of exercise biking in the gym...

Still making some stupid gearing mistakes, though [:@]

On PB form with swimming and running. Big swim training session tonight with the gang, just pulling on my trainers for the lunchtime 9k circuit.

Good to see the average speed so high, treefrog. Shame about the DNF after such a huge effort. Nice to have Benny back too - hope you're recovery is complete. [:D]
    Good to see that you are alive and well Bopomofo.

I continue to have a busy time but got a bit of training in today. A 43 minute hard trail run with lots of sprinting up hills and spitting and gut wrenching and tears and pain - pennance for not training yesterday.

• 2000m drills and technique @ the pool this morning

35mile cycle home from work (avg 18.5mph)

weights at home.

Feel quite tired so will have an unplanned rest day tomorrow. Its one of the few times i have listened to my body... cant bare another cold!!!!

First race on may 11th so wanna be ready and not shot to pieces!!!!

hope everyone's training is going well.

This is a little off topic, I apologise profusely, but I've just completed a major piece of work, I've been working at it since mid January and just this minute I'm shot of it!! Now I'll be able to train regularly (I was going to type "normally" but I thought better of it!)
    1900M in the pool this morning. Would have been longer but it shuts at 09:00 so the local schools can use it. Did time myself over 300M and got 6 minustes dead. Fastest 300 ever for me.

Then I went for a run. 5.2 miles on the road. Ran 3.2 hard in 24:18. Not fast enough but progress is progress. This afternoon went out for a 1hour 50min ride. No idea how far or how fast. Effort was moderate.
    Tough couple of days... yesterday went for a 25 mile fairly hilly bike ride, felt good so after a quick (fumbled) change went for a 5 mile (flat) run after. Then whilst my 6 year old was having her swimming lesson managed to get a lane and do some pullbuoy work. Then the obligatory splash about with her after her lesson [:D][:D]

Today went for a 1500m swim and was encouraged with my fastest time this year 24min 40sec then, as I was at the gym, went for a 30min treadmill session.
    A nice 1 mile swim, with some speed work. Went wel, disease gone Me guesses!

Hey Treefrog, don't you think cleaning your bike from half januari till now is a little over it [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m5.gif[/image][:D]
  • Dropped Milly at school and went for a run in the soggy fields in the fog. All good! Started swimming Tue and Fri 8am-9am. training then 1500m timed. Yesterday 29mins, need to work at it... Enjoying evey moment.

Parent at school said "how do you have the energy?" I replied "I cant help it, it's like a drug!" don't think she understood, eveyone drives the 1km odd to school.

I Hate Cars!!!!!!!!
    This morning 10min warm up on the static bike in the gym then did my 40 min treadmill run with the ever increasing speed. Definately have to revamp the speed/duration for that. I've finished it twice in a row.

This afternoon 1600M in the pool. All short distances - longest 150M. Trying to sort out this catch business.
    32k bike commute(2x16k) plus 4k Brick run[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]

All in preparation of the inter club championship this sunday in my tri-club ITC.
    I managed to comlete this weeks' time trial; 16km in 24 minutes ; average 40kmh. It was less than perfect preparation with my car refusing to start and getting a mate to give me a lift up to the start where I just made the sign on cut off, I then just about got my kit on, in fact I had only one aero-overshoe on, the bike was in the wrong gear to start with and I missed an exit at the round about ( I did a very dangerous manouvre to make the exit!!). Anyway I rode the TT like a long distance event, not like a flat out 16km TT, and did not feature on the podium. On the plus side I know more about my position and about my ability to hold 40kmh for a prolonged period. All the data will go into the big book and I'll make something of it!
    Only had time to fit a turbo session in this evening, made it count though, slapped on 'have mercy' spinervals DVD (always a good'n to blow any cobwebs away) 2 hrs and a few buckets of sweat later, I'm done....[:D]
    Yesterday (Friday 25th) I did a slow 100 minute run and today I have as a recovery day, but I do not feel well so tomorrow I have decided to forgo the intended superbrick and to take it easy. I'll cycle out to the memorial service for my tri coach who died a year ago today and then go home and rest
    500m swim time trial for club race.

Was #35 of 62, so middle of the pack. Leaving within a hour for the remaining bike/run part.

I start 2 minutes behind the first triathlete, but no ambition in winning for me[:(][:D].

Great training though.
    I went to the memorial service attended by 25 ish Iron Men and Women. Then we set off on a what was billed as a pleasant coffee stop ride but it turned into an 80 mile war of attrition on rolling hills - I was one of three survivors!
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Been off for a couple of weeks and then started training again this week, today was a rest day but still nipped out into the park to do a quick 5km run.
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Been out for a 25mile tempo ride of which whilst out a car pulled alongside and for fun decided to hit me accros the back dont you just love them.

Managed to finish the ride and then go out for a 20 in run.

Have now just spent last hour making statement to police cos wife convinced me to report it.

Good job i got number plate and yes they been arrested.

Just all be carefull out there............
  • Well done adrian for reporting them... I was cut up by a bus the other day, the bus dragged my bike along the curb! luckily i managed to get my feet out of the cleats in time to jump off or it would have been my legs!!!!

my wheels were scratch badly.... glad it was my training bike or I would have sprinted to his next stop and greeet him with an almighty haymaker!!!

Did a couple of 60km rides last week. Got hit by White Van Man on one of them. He passed me close enough for his door mirror to clip my arm, so his mate could (hilariously) chuck the remains of his takeaway at me.

Got the license plate, called the police. Just for future reference, being deliberately hit by a moving vehicle or being hit by an object thrown from a moving vehicle = Assault. Don't let them get away with it!

Oh... did some swimming and running too. [:D]
    No training for last 3 days. Working so enforced rest days. Managed 45 minutes of drill in the pool this morning before work.
    Nice little 8 miler that I do from time to time. Did it in 56 min which is about where I want to be. So I'm chuffed!![:D][:D]
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Did about 45 mins in pool this morning untill all the school kids and old people got in which makes doing what I want difficult... can't complain though as generally the pool is quiet if you get there early enough. Going out now to do a quick 5k before dinner...

edit - 5k run was nice so upped it to 7k... running is my weakest but Im really starting to love it more and more.
    Club championship yesterday in sunny but windy conditions.

27k cycling and 5k run. As expected, lost 12 places on the bike, won 13 places on the run.

Should really go more riding!!!

Well deserved rest today.
    76 lengths (1.9km) in 44.54. This is about my swim speed any faster and I over cook it. I am aware that it is possible for me to go faster but I hate swimming, I would rather put the time into getting the run faster, and why bust a gut to save 5 minutes on the swim when I can make it up in the other two disciplines? Although I will do some intervals in the pool closer to my priority race day
    60km ride home from work (Basingstoke back to Southampton) was stuffed by the weather. Not that I mind getting wet, but the road surfaces were awful. After my third big slide on a diesel-coated roundabout I called it quits and headed for the train station.

I'm amazed that I managed to keep it upright, given that my new Planet-X forks have turned my old bus into a twitchy mare. Less trail and slightly shorter, so steeper steering angle.

So no training. I'm having one of those evenings when I feel fat, lazy and irritable.