Home Chat General Chat

LUBE

well we are all into rubber and with that comes a little lube...

But which one jelly/oil/spray far to many to know.

So can anyone decide and advise on the best and where to get it from.

[;)][;)][;)][;)]

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Body Glide, its the best stuff, wont come off during the swim, your wet suit will just drop off in transition and you can get it with sun block in aswell. Applies very easy no mess, I get mine from sigma sports costs about a tenner and will last for ages!! [:D]
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Bodyglide - it's your only man!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Baby Oil works pretty well. Use lots of it 'cos it is cheap.

Also, put some vaseline around your neck and edges of your armpits. Also your crotch.

Rub your preferred lube into your ankles, start pulling your suit on, when it is up enough give it a big squirt 'n' spread down your legs. Lube your shoulders and wrists well, and bung some extra down the arms towards the wrists if you can.

If you need to get your suit high up on your ankles (like me) then use a carrier bag over your foot to help pull the suit up really high.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Body Glide,if you want to be eco unfriendly use baby lotion or cooking oil,getting in the water at some events is like swimming just after the Exxon Valdez took a short cut and dumped its cargo.If you do not wash the wetsuit after use with some substances it may have a detrimental affect on the rubber.
    Good point. I forgot to mention that most suits manufacturers say that vaseline will rot the rubber if left on it.

Is body glide more eco-friendly, then? I'll look into that. I've not used it myself but it seems that by number of recommendations it is a clear winner... I'll get a jar/tube/barrel and try it next time I get gimped up.

Is this the right stuff here: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductSearchAdvanced.aspx?Wd=body%20glide&cat=cycle

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    thats the stuff, really good. i stick it in the back of my running shoes too, makes them easier to slide on and prevents blisters[:)]
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Hey BoPo don't forget to take the bags off! Treefrog will have a fit if you're seen on the circuit with a carrier bag instead of some sexy, go faster, specially designed for the purpose thingy - well, unless its a Harrods bag

.....sorry Treefrog just couldn't resist it!!
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Cheers all, have just got some body glide online and should be with me soon.

In the sea tomorrow Brrrr[:o]

Racing in carrier bags spose that would speed up things in transition Bopo!!!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    the bright yellow Selfridges bags are good..hi viz too. Waving not drowning...
    Oh dear.... yes, I should probably have made it clear that you stick the carrier bag over your foot, pull the wetsuit leg up (noting how easily it goers on when using the bag) and then you take the bag off.

'fraid you have to be eco-unfriendly, too. Trendy brown paper bags will fail in a messy way.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    not entirely unfriendly..you are recycling/reusing the bag & you can use it more than once..until your foot goes thru it, so better than binning them after one use.