Home Chat General Chat

What to wear under my wetsuit

HarriHarri Posts: 40
Hey everyone, doing my first triathlon next Saturday at Dorney Lakes. Just wondering if i should invest in a tri-suit to wear under my wetsuit... any advice? Bit nervous!

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    yes, yes you should. Trisuits are in my book one of the most essential pieces of equipment, it will give you faster transition times and provided it fits well they are super comfy for the rest of the race.
  • HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Lovely, thanks very much. Will get purchasing asap... Any recommendations?
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I have a 2XU endurance suit, in red. I love it, I tried on that and the ironman ones, and preferred this. Its very lightweight, therefore its not gonna keep you very warm, and it doesnt have loads of padding for the bike leg. But I like that as i have tried running in my regular bike shorts, which have loads of padding, and it feels just wrong!

So it may not be overly suitable for iron man, but for sprints and olys it pretty good!

• HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Thanks so much for the advice, off to get one on Saturday and taking your wise words with me!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Don't trust Tommi, he just wants to stay ahead of you by means of sabotage!!![:D]

No,really, tri-suit is the way to go.

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Quick... you just have time to shave your legs.
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    Is there really anyone out there who doesn't wax or shave yet? shame on them if they don't!

Personally I go for a pair of speedos under the wetsuit, plenty of time in T1 for a good wash, dry off, moisturise and change into a fresh set of clothes for the next discipline. Pack some sandwiches in case you get peckish. T1 is the perfect place to have a small picnic.

[:D][:D][:D]
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I don't wax or shave yet... Mum and Dad say that when I'm older I will....[:)]