Home Chat General Chat

Glucose Gels and the likes...

Anyone got any tips on the above or anything else they use to hydrate and revive?!

[:D]

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I just use a lucozade recovery drink throughout my workout, it has carbs and whey protein in it. I get it in powder form and make it myself. I find it great in keeping my energy up, and the whey during the workout seems to have had a positive affect on maintaining my lean mass with high intensity workouts which can eat away at the muscles.
  • epacseepacse Posts: 92
    again, thank you tommi, the advise is muchly appreciated!

i read an article in sunday's obsever about tri athlon generally and it becoming the fastest sport gaining popularity at the momnent!

Anyway, a twice female world champ mentioned Glucose gel, and thought, hey, anything to stop me feeling like i'm gonna DIE!!

[:)] [:D]

cheers again....

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    How long are your workouts?
    Hi.... workouts depned on what i'm doing!

Anywhere between half hr and 2+ hrs!

[:D]
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Gels are a matter of trying them out and seeing which one suits you. Not all people can stomach them. I think it takes 15-30 minutes for them to start working so make sure you take them in enough time. I use Lucozade Carbo Gels, and they're fine for me. I've also used SIS which were lighter in consistency if you can't take the concentrated Lucozade gels.

When running I started using Lucozade Sport with caffeine which I find brilliant. I was worried I'd be a victim of marketing, but nope, it's good stuff!

For recovery I generally used Maximuscle Recovermax, although I do love For Goodness Shakes[:)]. I've used SIS Rego on occasion which again is good.

Just try a few and see what's best for you.
    I rarely use any supplements except vitamins (see coincidence thread to see how THAT turned out), & I seem to get by pretty well, I train about 8-10 hours per week, but do few long sessions as I am currently only racing sprints, so I guess that helps, even on a long 2hr+ bike ride I rarely take anything, but I do eat like a horse as soon as I stop moving!
    Jonhinio
    Jonhinio

thanks for the feedback,much apprediated!

I've got some carbo gels and Lucozade Active, so i'll try them, but as you rightly say, see what suits best!

Britspin, thanks for the input also, i totally understand, and wasn't overly in to them either, but seem to flag slightly in between diciplines and i'm brick training at the mo, so need some injection! [:D]

I'm sure my diets not right anyway, but trying to get that adjusted!

Thanks for all the feedback.....

Actually...my main problem isthat I find them mostly too sweet, end up not drinking them & flagging a touch..sometimes.
    i'm worried about that to....think i'll hold my nose and swallow! [:D]

went out tuesday and did 24k on the bike, and then hugely struggled with the run, the usual, tired legs, calves tightening, and was hugely disheartened!

[:D] [:@]
    Maxim do make a 'flovour less' powder, which has a sort of taste, which I used to put in with ribena..howver lastseason I began to dislike ribena whilst racing...so didn't drink etc etc..
  • I went for 42k on the bike yesterday (it was a nice day and I didn't want to stop) Massively hot so added some salt to one of my bottles, masked the flavour with a bit of orange and mango high juice and it worked a treat. As soon as i got back made the beast of all protein shakes, handful of walnuts, 1 of peanuts, one of mixed nuts (brazils, almonds, cashews, pecans and macademias), a digestive biscuit and a spoon ful of honey, add bodyfortress muscle and weight gainer (H&B special) and about a pint of milk = good sh*t!! Need to work on nutrition though cus building up to vitruvian and don't really want to stop halfway for sandwiches.
    now that sounds one mean mother f**** of a shake!! [:D]

go through them ingrediants and how to again!?

also, you mention your diet / nutrition?

mines not good i reckon, and so would like any help and tips with that!!