Home Chat General Chat

Where Can I Keep My Bike?

OK, so this is really dull and not very fun at all. I'm sorry.

But its a real problem for me.

I live in a teeny-tiny flat in Manchester, and am trying to work out where best to store my bike. Ideally, I'd like some sort of lockable, waterproof box I can lock to the fence outside, but I can't find anything anywhere.

Does anyone have any tips?

Comments

• legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Don't all triathletes keep their bikes in the lounge!!

Seriously, I'd get it inside somehow if you can - even if it means dropping a wheel out to save some space. Once someone sees you locking it up it will be gone! Sorry to be such a misery but you know how it is these days.
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Do you work near your home. If so can you keep it at work? Same goes for college if appropriate.
  • dee999dee999 Posts: 41
    we have 2 road bikes in the dining room, 1 in the hall, 1 in the spare room and 5 in our large shed (which has no room for anything else now!!)[;)]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Are the ones in the shed any good? Where exactly do you live?..Just kidding. We have a similar arrangement, its terrible when we have people around for dinner....especially if its raining me & Lady Britspin fighting over whose bike & which bike will have to go outside, that & the stability ball in the living room...If you do leave it at work make sure that you would be covered by insurance & obviously lock it up...I lock mine to the main gas pipe in the plant room..someone steals mine & we are ALL going to hell.
  • Doesn't everybodies bike live on the turbo in front of the TV in the vain hope they might use it at some point? (winter only - in this weather i love hitting the country lanes as often as pos)
  • LindsLinds Posts: 124
    Keep it inside

I solemly promised the delightful Mrs L that the bike would be locked up outside and covered with a tarp.

Since I got it, it's been living quite happily in the dining room for the last two months and I ahve no intention of moving it.

There have been some grumbles and it may have to make short trips outside when we use the dining room, but so far so good
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    What bike do you have? If it's any good, you can keep it at my house.... [:D]
  • My road bike is on the balcony (slightly disrupts the romance of a candlelit dinner on the balcony, but you have to have priorities), my mountain bike is in a shared garage firmly locked to a drainage pipe. My in-laws have worked out a good solution for a town house/flat, which is a bike 'hook' which you can fix to the wall in the hall - it means that you can hang your bike up on the wall so that it's off the ground and the wide parts (handle bars) are above head height. Not sure who makes them, but it is a frame with two prongs, like the bike carriers that fit onto the back of cars.