Home Chat General Chat

at last

hbhb Posts: 22
well i finally did my first novice length try!

unfortunately it took me the same time as it takes you lot to do an olympic length one

but i will take a cop out of it being 27 degrees in stratford and me having a cold and the fact that i only trained for a month. thanks to you all who answered my questions

oh well here to the next time

born to be slow!![&o]

Comments

• WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    What time did you manage? Sure it wasn't that awful.

I have entered Stratford two years in a row, and get injured the week before each time! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m14.gif[/image]

What's the course like?!?!?
  • hbhb Posts: 22
    i thought it was ok and it was definately worth traveling from portsmouth to do it as a beginner the swim was obviously ok as it is pool based the ride was good the only bit i found hard was the stretch they do on the A46 and the run is done by the side of the avon.

to be honest i think if i had prepared properly and it wasnt so hot i could have shaved lots of time off.

if you want to do the course the warwickshire tri is the same apparently
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well done!! You've crossed the threshold now and yes, you will be able to reflect and see how you could save a minute here, 30 seconds there but the most important thing is the sense of achievement.

Good luck for the future
    yes you are right it may have taken me half an hour longer than the fastest man but i am proud that i finished the course and will now look forward to doing another one
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Good job hb, I was at Stratford..registered ready to go, but got this pesky cold/cough & ended up supporting not racing..still feeling down about it, & have now lost my voice...so my decision not to race was a good one it seems, but part of me still thinks...maybe.
    Thanks Britspin

it was not fun racing with a cold and to be honest i felt so bad at one point on the ride i did stop for 5 mins to take on water coz my throat hurt and my energy levels had got so low due to the cold(i think).

so i think in retrospect you did the right thing.

does anybody know of any novice events that i might be able to do that dont have the full length ride in them, because i think i need to build up to that

thanks
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    i could have shaved lots
    Is this how you plan on saving time at your next tri[:)]
    You really dont know how true that statement could be[:)][;)]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Remember though that Stratford bike is a 24k..most are 20, that might make the difference...that & not having a cold, and you are armed with the extra knowledge to maybe pace a little better...I say give a regular novice/sprint a go & see.
    Thanks Britspin

do you know of any regular ones that are good later on in the year