Home Chat Race Chat

eton supersprints

anyone doing eton supersprints this weekend if so what time you hoping for etc

Comments

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I'm there on Saturday. It's my first ever tri so not sure how long it's meant to take. It'll be fun finding out. All the best for it.
  • HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Hey there, i'm going to Eton and it's my first tri too. V nervous esp as the wetsuit hire people have messed up and i now have to collect it on the day. Am sensing impending doom!
    Hi Harri. All the best for it. I've only had a couple of goes in open water in a wetsuit. Not sure if that's enough either, but I'm betting we'll be back on this site on Monday saying how brilliant it all was[:D]
  • Hi

I'm off in the first wave tomorrow morning. Ideally I'd like to beat last year's time (1:13:25), but I'll be happy with anything under 1:15.

Did anyone race today? If so, what was the weather like?

Mike

First tri and boy was it brilliant!

I went on Saturday and my wave was 11.40. Slow swim, but made up for it on the bike and run. Came in a 1 hour 16 and 29 seconds
  • Well done Jonhinio - good time. Given that's your first triathlon, you should be able to knock 5-10 mins off your time for the second attempt just by knowing how things work, how hard you can push, how to do transition faster etc.

I'm still waiting for my results for the Sunday... I forgot to stop my watch as I crossed the line so I'm not sure whether I was just the right or the wrong side of 1:10. Either way, I'm v.happy with how things went. Swim was OK, though I never got into a rythym, T1 was a disaster (couldn't get wetsuit off..., elastic band that held the shoes broke etc.), but the bike, T2 and run all felt better than any previous attempt.

Thanks for the message. Can't say how much I enjoyed it. Desperately looking for something in September now [:)]

Have you got your result yet?
  • 1:10:06 - just the wrong side of 1:10, but gives me a target for next year. V.happy overall as I knocked 3.5minutes off last years time. If I keep reducing the time at that rate then I should win it in about 5 years time! If...