Home Chat General Chat

Data for my MSc Dissertation on Brand Attitude

Hi everyone,

As some of you may already be aware. I am carrying out some research for my MSc Dissertation, looking at consumer attitudes towards running trainer brands. Many thanks to those who have already responded. You have been a great help. I do need some more responses to really strengthen this study. If you could spare a few seconds of your time and complete the survey via the link below that would be a great help.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=LqzzCUM93V8HiU_2bndExcMw_3d_3d

If you prefer you can email me your responses to: mearland@googlemail.com

Kindest Regards,

Matthew Earland (Kingston University MSc)

Comments

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Hi Matthew

I've always worn Nike, but recently went (about 2 weeks ago) to have my running gait analysed and i ended up buying Saucony. in future i would probably by either Asics or Saucony (tried the Asics during the analysis-really liked them, but they didnt have my size). so no more Nikes for me!

hope that helps?![:)]

jon
  • LindsLinds Posts: 124
    I've got a paitr of Nikes I bought 5 1/2 years ago (I know I know).

I didn't choose Nikes in particular, but they were one of a couple of makes Asics and Saucony that I was "offered" following my gait analysis and they felt the most comfortable

Actually as a total newbie (at the time) to running I didn't really want Nikes as I felt/thought they were to "High Steet", but they've been great.

I am not at all bothered by Brands and when I buy my next pair sometime this summer I wll go for the most comfortable/supportive, whether they are Nikes, Asics, Reebok or even Dunlop
  • matt84ukmatt84uk Posts: 19
    Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your responses. Regarding my dissertation, I will need you to fill out a 5min questionnaire in a couple of months time. If you could email me the 2 brands of running trainer you have purchased most frequently in the past 3 years to [email=mearland@googlemail.com]mearland@googlemail.com[/email] that would be a great help.

Kindest Regards,

Matt
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I had some nikes, then I realized the error of my ways and now have asics!
  • mangelmangel Posts: 20
    Hi,

Have always worn Asics, in particular their Gel Nimbus range. Must have about 5 or 6 pairs at home !!!

Had feet measured at running shop and these were one of the trainers recommended.

Would not discount any other brand but just stuck with these through initial recommendation etc.

• legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Hi there,

Asics and/or Mizzuno for me - I have tried Saucony but caan't get on with them
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Brooks now and for the last 3 pairs, before that New Balance, stopped buying Nike about 9 years ago.... all better since then

;-)
  • Mizuno - runners (last 9 years)

Saucony - trail shoes (last 8)

Not the same pair lol

Once you get a good fit you tend to stay loyal in my opinion.
    Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your information. You have been a great help. If you could email me your brands to [color=#FF0000][color=#FF0000]mearland@googlemail.[/color]com[/color] that would be great.

Kindest Regards,

Matt
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your responses so far. You have been a great help. If you have any friends who purchase / run in running trainers and would be willing to help with my dissertation, please get them to email me the brands they have purchased the most in the last 3 years and email me their choices to [email=mearland@googlemail.com][color=#ff0000]mearland@googlemail.com[/color][/email]. I have had quite a few responses so far, but could do with a few more to really strengthen the study which I hope to get published.

Kindest Regards,

Matthew Earland
  • AilsaAilsa Posts: 3
    Hi Matt - I have only ever bought New Balance
  • bryanbryan Posts: 45
    hey matt,

i use nike currently but this is only due to the nike + software with ipod (great tool).

before this i have only ever run in adidas

cheers

b
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Always Asics Kayano
  • toadtoad Posts: 104
    Asics Kayano, the pronators best friend love this shoe, just not the price!
    Hi everyone,

As some of you may already be aware. I am carrying out some research for my MSc Dissertation, looking at consumer attitudes towards running trainer brands. Many thanks to those who have already responded. You have been a great help. I do need some more responses to really strengthen this study. If you could spare a few seconds of your time and complete the survey via the link below that would be a great help.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=LqzzCUM93V8HiU_2bndExcMw_3d_3d

If you prefer you can email me your responses to: mearland@googlemail.com

Kindest Regards,

Matthew Earland (Kingston University MSc)
  • I am doing my MBA from Ireland in international business. I have worked with construction industry for couple of years including a stint in gulf area and I needed to submit my dissertation this semester. I have a special interest in business development and wanted some suggestions for any good topic specifically focusing the Ireland industry. I was browsing through the website when I found this dissertation help website providing dissertation writing help. I didn’t know that they also offer help with dissertation writing along with FREE dissertation topics. Anyway, here is the list of titles they sent me after my request:

1. The economic impact, the Ireland health care business creates by hiring nurses from second world countries to help provide relief to the current nursing shortage here.

2. Business and Financial Analysis of a domestic business in Ireland expanding towards International Trade.

3. Impact of IT development in FMCG sector

My supervisor really liked the first topic and now I am writing a dissertation on it. The free dissertation topics service really helped me in getting off with my dissertation writing quickly. I would like to know other people experiences on that…

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Well you've confused me... This is 220 forum right? About all things triathlon?

Yeeesh!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I have only ever worn Succony grids.

What the hell is the other post 2 up about?

If Flavadave is confused I am double.

Taxis for juliejameson!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    It's spam. The aim is to get links to your site on some other, more popular site. The intention is that this will then cause google to rank your site higher than might otherwise be the case (the more links you have to your site, the higher google will rank it).

This is usually (semi) automated. They've searched for a forum containing their key words ("dissertation" probably), then posted their text with the embedded links. The hope is that it is not so wildly off topic that it will be deleted as a spam by the site admin.

If you want to see what they've been up to put "links:dissertation-help.co.uk" into google. This will show all the links there are to the site. You can see that it exists mainly in sites which are spammable in this way - e.g. a directory of wedding resources, links on a police site and so on.

It's all really very tedious.
  • So he doesnt want to know about my Dunlop green flash then ????