Home Chat General Chat

attaching a bike computer with tri bars

Hey everyone. I have a set of profile strykes and a profile bottle. There is no room on the bars for my cycle computer and now I am using the bottle, no room to rig something between the tri bars. Does anyone have an ingenius solution to this - a way of attaching the thing to the stem perhaps? Thanks

Comments

• TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    what computer do you have?
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Hi Jimmer,

I have these tri bars and I also use the aero bottle, I put my computer on the stem.

hope this helps.........[;)]
  • I also have the bars and the bottle and have just managed to squeeze the computer onto the handlebars on the left of the tribars.
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    I have the profile bars and bottle.

I got one of the Boardman cadence computers and it sits on the stem nicely. A good little computer for £40.

How many time have you lost your yellow scrunchy on rough roads? I'm now on cut out sponge!!
  • andyfb78andyfb78 Posts: 7
    I have the same set up and use a cateye mitty 3 computer (old and basic I guess).

but the point is cateye do a tri bar mount (90deg the other way) and this has helped.

I guess it will depend on how 'long' you have the extensions set as to how much space you have, but it does work... just and I have shortish arms...

PS if you have any bright ideas as to how to avoid the yellow thing dropping either in or out let me know.

Andy