Home Chat General Chat

Diet - what I ate today!

Comments

• DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Mad your neighbour will only be helped if his wife's name is Vera and then you can shout each day "'ello Vera"

[8|]

David
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 0
    Grooooooan!
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    today we have sank to an all time new low - I suggest a minutes silence whislt we reflect on the purpose of what it is to be a triathlete

David (mate) oh dear ......
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    I am sure I just saw some tumble weed
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Shockerooni David .... go and sit in the corner..[:D]

Yesterdays food was a bit healthier

Brekkie - 2 weetabix and toast with lime marmalade - oj and coffee

Midmorning - trackerbar

Lunch- tuna salad

Midafternoon - nuts and dried fruit

Dinner - baked spuds and half a cheese and tom pizza

Usual fruit orange, apple and banana
    Hard training sessions yesterday so had a bit more to eat - still managed to lose a pound

Brekke - 2 weetabix and toast and lime marmalade - oj and coffee

Mid morning - bagel and banana (post swim)

Lunch - beans on toast - an orange and a pint of water

Mid afternoon - tracker bar and some dried fruit and nuts

Dinner - tomato and goats cheese pasta sauce with veggies and a bucket load of spaghetti - followed by ice cream - banana and tinned pears

jaz
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Little Les - this is just to make you feel better about your diet ...

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Muesli + banana (good so far ....)

Snack: 2 white bread rolls with big chunk of cheese

Later snack: chocolate

Lunch: cheese and potato sandwich with wholmeal bread + chocolate

Snack: biscuits

Tea-time: steal bits of children's chicken and chips

Dinner: pasta with tomatoes, green peppers and chicken + very large ice-cream

Snack: yoghurt + chocolate

Late night snack: nuts & sultanas.

Plus lots of tea, coffee, water and a bottle of red wine with the husband.

Training: 20 minute swim

Maybe this is why I'm slow up the hills .... but a girl does need her chocolate!
    Nice one Pat ... but cheese and potato sandwich???!![:'(]

Yesterday..

Brekkie - usual weetabix and toast etc

Snack - couple of biccies and some dried fruit and nuts

Lunch - Cheese and ham omelette and an orange

Afternoon - banana cake and a biscuit -

Dinner - Salmon with a warm petit pois salad - ice cream with banana

Post swim class - yoghurt and an orange

Jaz
    Been v.bad[:(]! 2 days in Newcastle and I been eating big fry ups in the morning, snacky lunch and mexican or chinese in the eves. Plus a couple (?[&:]?) of drinkies. Went for a run today after I got back and felt sooooooooooo bad. Think I need to take it easy for a couple of days!
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    who's been a bad girl [:D][:D][:D] ???? a little blow out now n then wont hurt your training too much - think of it as carbo loading ..maybe

madnurse (phil)

thanks again for the donation - hoping the others on here folllow suit
    Fri:

Breakfast: Muesli + banana

Early lunch: pizza and choc cake

Late lunch: hard boiled eggs, beetroot + choc

Snack: large ice cream (incl choc flake)

Dinner: spag bol (managed to avoid picking at children's leftovers)

Late eve: nuts, sultanas, biscuits, crisps .... and beer. Oh dear.

Hadn't realised how much choc I eat. Does it really make a difference???

Jazdog - cheese and potato sandwich is bread, butter, sliced cheese (or better still, chunks) and cold mashed potato. Next best thing to a chip butty!

Hope this makes you feel better, AB!

Training: run intervals - hit a 7 min mile for the first time ever..... so it can't be all bad - or can it??

• guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Now I'm not doing any training I'm going to focus on food for a few weeks to keep me occupied. I'm going to plan a week of healthy eating if anyone has any tips please feel free to post them to me.
    ParcFish, I eat the same sandwich but prefer grated cheese and a splash of salad cream. Fav ever though is cream cheese, fish fingers and ketchup!

Good to know I'm not the only one who enjoys my food! (and drink[:D])

Today

Breakfast: Weetabix

Lunch: Cold meat, cheese, fruit and Krisprolls

Dinner: Planning on spag bol tonight
    Sun:

Pre long run: rice krispies & tea

Post-run breakfast: Muesli + extra sultanas

Lunch: Tuna bake + turkey bean pot + fennel potatoes, broccoli & broad beans. Apple pie + ginger syllabub (Had to cook lunch for lots of people so seemed a shame not to try everything...) + Wine

Snack: choc

Tea: Leftover tuna bake + rice pudding.

Must have put on at least 2 lbs.

AB - cream cheese, fish fingers and ketchup - wonderful, sounds right up my street! Ever tried stilton and mango chutney sandwiches?

Parcfish, Not stilton and mango but love Philly and mango chutney, also chilli crisps in sandwiches!

Food today will be mainly soup!! just had tooth pulled and having braces fitted this pm! Maybe not any training today!!!
    AB - poor you. I've had a lot of dental work done this year (could have had a new bike for what it cost!) & found that I felt grotty for a couple of days after major work - so good luck!
    Not cheap is it - still not feeling as bad as expected s cooking up tuna risotto with broccolli and spinach tonight - not as tasty as fish fingers sandwiches!! But prob healthier1
    That lot sounds disgusting... cheese yes.. but cold mashed spuds[:'(][:'(]

Not going to post everything I ate over the weekend cos I can't remember it all... had pre race meal of macaroni and chips (2 helpings) on sat night

pre race brekkie of porridge and toast

after the race was lots of rolls, danish pastries, cakes, scones, a curry and fish and chips - over 2 days [:)][:)]

Now regretting it all having put on 3 pounds!

Back to healthy eating!

Jaz

p.s my wife said to tell you all I like cottage cheese and beans on baked spuds - seems to think this is also disgusting -
    I don;t understand my body... pig out over the weekend and appear to put on the best part of four pounds. Have a normal day yesterday and three of the pounds put on have disappeared! [>:][&:] Any explanations?

Yesterday

Cereal and toast

No mid morning snack

Lunch - cheese and bacon omelette, an orange and a biscuit

Mid afternoon - tracker bar

Dinner - two baked spuds with cheese and coleslaw and half a margherita pizza. - Ice cream and tinned pears to finish!

Jaz
    Morning all,

Brekkie yesterday - cereal and toast, oj and coffee

Post swim banana and apple

Lunch - tuna wrap and an orange

Mid afternoon yoghurt and a banana cake

Dinner - salmon and salad followed by banana and ice cream

jaz
  • mgs76mgs76 Posts: 10
    I came across this article today and thought it may be of interest to those in this forum http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0127.htm

It basically advocated a great increase in calories, particularly from carbs, to boost performance. Admittedly the athletes were training for 11 hours per week (which many here are doing I should think) but their calorie intake was increased by around 1700 to almost 4000 calories per day.

It sounded like a lot to me but apparently recovery and performance improved - and there were no significant weight gains.

Do people in here take much notice of calories? I haven't done but I roughly added mine up for the day just now (after lunch) and I've had about 1300 so far - with probably an afternoon snack and evening meal to go.

Anyway, have a look - I found it quite interesting - and it means I can have a bigger dinner tonight in the name of improving recovery and performance!!

I'm sure the science behind that is right but when I eat too many carbs my weight goes up! I guess it all depends on training intensity and volume. If you train at lower intensities you burn a fat/carb mix. High intensity is pure carbs. When you race I guess the intensity is higher so during the race season I could see the benefit of eating more carbs. I'm trying to lose weight tho so will avoid too many carbs just now and train/race at lower intensity. - V. Interesting link tho!

Yesterday - weetabix and toast with maramalade, oj and coffee

Mid morning tracker bar

Lunch - chicken broth soup and a tuna wrap

Afternoon - couple of biccies

Pre Dinner pint

Dinner - chicken caesar salad wraps - banana and ice cream

Post dinner - a few crisps

Weight seems to have stabilised at pre-race level for last few days - 12st 13lb - 3lb to go!

Jaz
    I agree with you jazdog -

I suspect training for 11hrs a week will probably require 4000 carbs a day lets face it most of us who arent exercising need about 2000-2500 a day so add in 1.5-2hrs a day of hi-intensity training a you could easilly burn and extra 2000-1500 so that is just common sense really.

My only gripe is that 11hrs a week for 4 weeks and only and 8% increase in performance when the performance in the first test 5:25(this must be a typo or something as I can't believe any one training for an ironman would be this slow for an oly let alone it be the average for a group) for an oly is quite slow doesn't really prove the increase in comsumption is responsible

• DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Jaz

Try eating quite soon after training as your metabolic rate is elevated for upto 2 hours after excercise. By eating then you burn off more of the unnecessary elements

David
    Cheers David, I try and do that when possible. Seems to be working this tho. My diet this week has been much improved since my pig out at the weekend but then my training has been lighter in comparison too.

Yesterday -

usual brekkie,

mid morning yoghurt and apple

cuppa soup and cheese and ham sandwich, orange

post run banana

dinner - steak -baked spuds with cottage cheese and beans and salad - banana and ice cream for pud

post swim - yoghurt, orange and some crisps
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Yesterday:

1 x bowl Special K

Dinner - Chicken Salad

Tea - Baked potato with Tuna and baked bean

Supper - Toast with pate.
    Yesterday...

Breakfast: Poridge - Tea - 500mg Vit C - Vit E - protien shake (2 scoups)

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Jacket Spud and two tins of tuna

Dinner: Shepard's pie (veggie) - 1l of High5 carb drink...

Snack: Cheese - my weakness

Plus misc water during the day

• RewRew Posts: 62
    Yesterday I had 4 Weetabix and some scrambled egg on 2 toast, 2 packs of Jaffa cakes and a soreen fruit loaf. A tuna sandwich and 3.5 litres of water.

Oh and in between I did the Blenheim Triathlon.
  • pdunde...you might find this ye ole thread useful
  • In the library trying my best not to laugh out loud, pleased im not the only one who slips up with the biscuits!

Brekkie - bowl of all bran with raspberries and skimmed milk

Lunch - Brown pitta with ham and edam, 2 chocolate hob nobs

Not training because of my bloomin DVT and to make things worse cant have too much vit K so that knocks out lettuce, cabbage, spinich, brocoli, cranberry juice etc... although who likes cabbage anyway!