Home Chat General Chat

Any suggestions?

mattymatty Posts: 37
I have a garmin 305 and they say that you shouldnt swim in it but it is ok up to 1m in depth. So i did and it leaked and broke[:@].

Peeps at garmin sent me a new one bless 'em' and i am not going to make the same mistake again. So what i am wondering is, how can i time my swim, without wearing it in the pool as i would like to know what time i am at after the swim. Or do i just put it on at T1 and time bike and run?

pls help

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Hello Matty,

I use a 305 aswell, but only for the bike and run. I did read on a forum that some people put then in side their swim caps, but that didnt sound too clever!! I think its best to be on the safe side and keep it out of the water, they can handle a rain shower (mine does regularly) but not a dunking.
  • mattymatty Posts: 37
    Hi MG, Thx for the reply. Yeah i dont think it would be to comfortable under my swim hat! Its a right pain it not being waterproof. I thought every watch post 1980's was waterproof! LOL

might have to go Polar.

Have a good season m8.
  • stevsterstevster Posts: 73
    I to tried to think of a way out of this problem but in the end decided the only thing to do is buy the Garmin 50 as well, use that as an over all timer then use the 305 for bike run only.

I know not idea. Maybe the new 405 will we waterproof.