Home Chat General Chat

HRM reading Trouble

I am having trouble with my polar 625x getting a heart rate when I first put it on. After five mins of training it will work in most cases but did not work at all in a 40km cycle last week. I have changed the batteries in the strap and the watch last year. Anyone had the same problems.

Comments

• mikescotttmikescottt Posts: 48
    I find I have to wet my chest underneath the strap to get it working at the start. You could try this
  • stevsterstevster Posts: 73
    You might want to wet the chest strap rather than your chest, i tend to lick the sensor area, (not the most hygienic I know).

I did have problems with an Oregon Scientific SE300 where the HRM worked intermittently and sometimes not connect to the watch at all.

Sent it back and get a Garmin 50 instead. Should have gone with this in the first place, and downloading the results to a PC is a plus.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I tend to put my strap on (!) well before I go out to get a read, get it warmd up etc, also if it is a coded one it will find you in that time. Can't imagine why it wouldn't work for the 40k ride..unless you were in a group & others crosstalked & disrupted the signal.
  • holdfastholdfast Posts: 15
    I was cycling on my own and I did wet the strap. I have e-mailed polar I will post there reply
  • millwardpmillwardp Posts: 20
    My polar often loses contact with the coded transmitter...mainly when I am sweating buckets; can the contacts get too wet?