Home Chat General Chat

Running devices

my opinion is nike+ all the way, what more do you get for £20? and with the new wristband you dont even need an ipod. It also sends all the info to the nike+ website so you have your own log. so it records your runs, distance, speed, calories etc. and shows you what speeds you were going at throughout the run so you can see where you are dropping speed, or if your going out too fast.

It doesnt bleep or anything when your speed drops, but when you press the center button on the ipod it tells you your current speed and distance covered.

i find it satisfies every running need i have, and when its calibrated its pretty accurate. Also you dont need to have the special nike trainers, i sewed mine into the tongue of my asics and it work perfectly!

Comments

• gaterz1981gaterz1981 Posts: 233
    I dont mind putting in run training but i love to keep logs and figures to see improvement. For the bike i have speedo and HRM, for swimming i have a clock but now have the need for something to measure and monitor running.

Have been looking at garmin devices but to be honest i think a recommendation is needed before i part with any money. Or any alternatives?? I know the more you spend the more they do but at the end of the day will these just be features that never get used. Maybe one that just does speed, distance and can beep when you under/over paced (to save running around looking at your arm)

Opinions please..
    where is best to get these fan-dangled things from...nice price as well

just found it, fraction of the price and posibly one of the sexiest things i've seen in a long time. Going to browse and buy one [8D]!!!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    most high street sports shops have the nike+ kit, failing that amazon has them.

Spotted on egay for £40.99 with footsensor delivered. Thanks for that heads up, have looked on nike website and its exactly what i am looking for. Looks like a nice watch as well.

Found a little pouch that secures it through your laces for couple quid as well.

All ordered, many thanks for your help, the urge for buying things has been supressed....for now [;)]