Home Chat General Chat

What Breakfast do you eat....?

Hello there. I was just wondering how people started thier day off with breakfast??

I tend to have about 4 apples and a banana each morning (as i think its healthy!!) but im getting really bored of it! Also i have to get up pretty early if im to cycle the 20 miles or so to work, so sometimes eating apples on the go is a bit of a pain...

I dont think im getting enough energy eating these, but i've been reading alot about GI rating recently and dont want to be going for super high energy foods early in the morning.

WHats everyones experience?

Thanks,

Johnny

Comments

• mike_trimike_tri Posts: 60
    Hi i'm michael i havent got a degree in nutrition or anything but you probably aren't getting very many carbs in all them apples so why don't you try a cereal or something i normally just have fruit and fibre for my breakfast and feel fine till lunch but you may have different dietary needs to me or something. Anyway hope this can be a bit of help[:)]
  • Tim DTim D Posts: 64
    I eat porridge (with added suger and coconut oil) and boiled eggs for breakfast. The porridge tastes great and contains loads of good energy. Stick a sliced banana in there and you have rocket fuel! Only takes me 5 mins to prepare ad the eggs are boiled the night before. I also usually ride to work (about 15 miles) and it does sound as though you are not consuming enough calories. Saying that I probably don't eat my breakfast early enough to be digested for the ride and am probably using the fuel put in the night before.
  • stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    2 Bananas and natural yogurt with some sultanas, shot of wheatgrass. Then eat a pack of noodles at 11am and 1pm and a protein (steak, chicken, fish) and roasted veg based meal with some fruit and yogurt again for the evening snack.

Helps you get to your fighting weight in no time and don't rerally dfeel hungry.
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    Bowl of shreded wheat or weatabix or corn flakes or porridge.Depends how im feeling.lol
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Depends on what I am doing, how far I am going & how early before I want or am able to get up. Short answer..porridge. Sat morning runs shreddies & dried fruit soy milk 2 hours before (10am run), Sunday Rides, same, but about an hour before I go out, week morning run/swim/run...glass of juice & banana.
  • big bowl of museli, 2 slices of toast and a poached egg.

That keeps me full till about 12 even if i have long workout

during the morning.

Andy

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    There. You've gone and done it now. You've woken up Britspin and the Unholy Followers of the Porridgey Path. Samutri will be along in a minute, too, with more Oat-based devilry.

At the risk of dredging up an old thread, and some old nightmares.... try here: http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=13761

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    porridge all the way man! failing that, bran something.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    POOOOORRRRIIIDDDDGGGGGEE!
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    cornflakes, porridge, frosties, shreddies, ricicles, bran flakes, toast, fry ups, what ever I fancy really, variety is the spice of life!!!!
  • Bacon, fried eggs, fried bread, mushrooms, sausages (at least 3), baked beans, a couple of slices of bread and a mug of tea (tomatoes are also an option, but they've never floated my boat).

But when it's not Sunday, it's porridge....

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Oh I nearly forgot..whilst I am waiting for porridge to cook...peanut butter & honey sandwich to increase protein intake..post workout of course.

Porridge..its a way of life.
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    Sorry I took so long to join this thread, been waxing!!

As you know, porridge is the only food that should be allowed at breakfast time, I will admit that the addition of dried fruit has its place and isnt a slur on a chaps sexuality. I have even taken to preparing mine in a microwave (Oh the shame!!)

On a serious note though (and that doesn't happen often!) 4 apples for brekkie aint good. As I understand things, if you're wolfing down fruit, you probably want darker coloured ones like berries and plums. Apples are down the list cos of their white flesh. Better than coco-pops though!

Get porridge down yer neck - you know it makes sense.
  • DarylDaryl Posts: 10
    At the risk of being boring....

Porridge!

(Oh and a couple of slices of granary toast, fruit smoothie and a cup of tea)
  • HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Porridge every time! Absolutely the best breakfast ever, especially with water and a dash of soya milk at the end.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I'm going to go against the grain her eand say..

oh alright I have porridge as well. Usually start with a banana before morning workout followed with porridge and a scoop of Maximuscle Promax chocolate. Just remember to wash the bowl out straight afterwards..... can stick bricks together with that stuff![:D]
  • Free WillyFree Willy Posts: 63
    Uncle Tobys Oatbrits (somewhere between 2 and 5!), spoon of unprocessed honey (jarrah or blackbutt are best), with Soy Milk, this has been my breakfast of choice for the last year or so and has worked well for IMNZ and Busselton HIM this season. I will have to check if they are available in the UK and if not I will bring some with me ready for IMUK - they may be ready but will I, thats the big question!

• rj1265rj1265 Posts: 70
    Its Obvious ....

Sun - Fri Porridge (+ 2 slices of brown toast & peanut butter, only after long bike / run night before)

Sat (The best day) -- Bacon, Sausage, Egg, Toast, Black Pudding (for the iron [;)] ) and baked beans (must be the 57 varieties type)

Since this is a food thread ..... What do you eat after a late training session ? ..... I cannot get into my pool until 8pm therefore not home until 9:30pm and I neeeeeeed fooooood since I cannot eat very much before training.

Happy Training

R

• SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    I tend to have a bowl of cereal that late at night.

The good thing about that is that most supermarkets are doing a "2 for £3" deal on kellogs, on the back of the box you will find a swim for free voucher.

So, for £3 you get 2 boxes of cereal and 2 swims - what a chuffin bargain!!