Home Chat General Chat

A newbie saying HI...

Hi guys,

Just saying hi, I'm kinda new to Tri Athlon but also not so new. The first time I done a Tri was in 2001 then left it for a few years and just completed the Stratford Tri on the 11th May.

Just wanted to say great site and of the Topics I've read everyone seems helpful. [:)]

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Welcome memphis,

another tri-soul joins to share his knowledge and experience!

Lots of new people these days, which is great [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image].

How did your race turn out??
  • memphismemphis Posts: 10
    Hi Benny

The race was great! I swam a PB of 6:22(after swimming constant 6:40's in training), the bike wasn't my best...

I borrowed a road from a friend so never had any shoes just cycled in my running shoes and I was happy with my run 20 mins??

All in all I was happy with my time, I think it was a 1h15 min

Looking forward to doing more this year.
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    Welcome to the family memphis!

Well done in your race, it'll give you a good benchmark for the future and what you need to work on. Hopefully you'll find this forum a rich source of advice and wisdom, and some very funny comments!

All the best !
  • memphismemphis Posts: 10
    Hi Samutri,

I've been and off the Forum the last couple of weeks and it's great to get the opinions from those guys and girls out there who've been in the game longer than I have.

I've recently purchased a Specialized and can't wait to get out on the road!

My next pucrhase will be shoes and pedals, I've just finished reading a few topics on the subject.

Thanks again.