Home Chat General Chat

Just to add insult to injury!

I'm sooooo fed up![:(]

I entered Blenheim as my first 'grown up' triathlon and was really looking forward to it [:)] Then fate took a hand last weekend and whilst putting my boat away after an uneventful rowing outing my back went, big time! Osteo says not to even think about doing any excercise for the next few weeks.... So, called up the powers that be at IMG only to be told that they will not move my entry to next year (as I firstly requested) nor will they reimburse me any money [:(] I explained to them that I haven't just 'wimped out', as I have lost the deposit on my hotel room, paid for all the supporters tickets etc and have an entry to London and could furnish them with this as proof of intent, but no, not interested in the slightest....

Please, don't think that I'm whinging, I know that there are those of you who will say that "it's all there in black and white in the T&C's" and I didn't have to enter etc, etc. But I just feel that this is not really a very sporting attitude and more of a corporate attitude and am somewhat agrieved that IMG are behaving like the rather large gentleman in the Nationwide adverts..."got to have a drop of bubbly at the shareholders meeting"...[:D]

Sorry about my rant, but this is just something I wanted to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening![sm=kiss.gif]

Comments

• LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    It would be quite nice if some of the organisers of Tri events (and other sporting events for that matter) allowed for last minute injuries or just applied a bit of common sense, it would mean that your post here would be "wow these guys were really helpful when I injured my back"....

Sorry to hear about the injury though, hope you recover soon.