Home Chat General Chat

Tri suit for the more generously endowed woman

Sorry to bring this up guys; but where oh where can a woman get a tri suit when xl seem to mean about size 14 (if you're lucky!)? Anyone know of anything a little more reasonable in both size and price?

Ta[&:]

Comments

• Hi Custard

To repeat my post to Belly on a similar question (re-women's specific bikes):

Not sure if it'll help, but 220 Triathlon has a big supplement on Women's Triathlon this month. I think they cover things like women's specific tri kit, like bikes, trisuits, wetsuits etc. so it might help on the bike choice (sorry - I'm afraid mine has since hit the bin so I can't check it).

Mike

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    It may possibly be worth trawling american sites on tinterweb to see what their choices are like & see if they are available here..assuming P+P from US would increase price too much. When Aldi/Lidl do tri suits, they may have bigger sizes possibly.
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    Just to change the subject very slightly, I was in a Speedo strore recently trying to get some new trunks. The smallest size for chaps was a 34" waist! Blimey, I thought Speedo would have catered for the slimmer fella (I'm a 30").
  • Thanks - will have a look at american sites. Have seen the mag for women in 220 this month - very useful stuff! I was desperately hoping that Aldi were going to have them in before June 1st but they didn't!
    Speedo do an adult 28 & 30, I am 30-31, depending on who is making & I got my last pair from JJB I think...beware the 28s by the way, not at all errr 'generous'!!
    Back to ladies suits I am guessing that what I said above also applies, as with most clothing there is size 10, 12, 14 whatever & then thee is size 10, 12, 14 umm depending on who is making. Our club kit is Sugoi & I don't recall any particular size issues of that kind being raised, but then its down to availability & trying on I guess.
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    Thanks Britspin, does that mean I have to go into JJB now? surely that place is full of civilians buying sports kit to wear down to the pub and the chip shop thereby ramping up the cost of sports clothing and shoes for us supreme athletes?

Sorry, got a bit carried away there [:D]
  • Have just found Orca tri suits in size 16! This could be my lucky day!
    Well Samutri..think of it as just another discipline in the road to tri perfection, and know where the swim kit is located so you don't get disracted by the shiny shell suits & Patrick trainers
  • cranmerecranmere Posts: 34
    Be warned, Orca size 16 is more like a normal UK size 14 and is designed for the flat-chested. I have bought most of my kit (I am UK size 18) from American vendors on Ebay. Sadly my club's kit only goes up to UK size 14 too, so SOFTys like me (stands for Slow, Old and Fat Triathlete) can't even show off our club membership.
  • Ah, thanks. Why is it that they think all sporty ladies are built like a tea tray with 2 peanuts on it?! Not fair. How does US sizing compare to UK sizing?
  • cranmerecranmere Posts: 34
    Don't start me on that soap box! Generally a US womens size is one or 2 sizes larger than the equivalent UK size, so a US 16 is a UK size 18-20.
  • Have just found the following website that does gear up to size 20:

http://www.swimwearonline.co.uk

Has anyone used it before?
  • Hi all,

There is a local Wetsuit company that makes custom wetsuits, specifically designed for triathlon.

Snugg Wetsuits - http://www.snuggwetsuits.co.uk/

They are VERY reasonably priced when you consider that they are tailored exactly to your own dimensions.

The most important thing about a Triathlon wetsuit is the fit - you can't beat the fit of a custom suit.

Give them a call, and see if they can help you out.

Cheers,

Nathan

(I am in no way affiliated with Snugg wetsuits, short of owning and using one myself)