Home Chat General Chat

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT.....TATTON TRI

Sorry, just had to post.... i've had some great advice off here from a number of people, and wanted to say that on JUNE 8TH, @ 8am in the morn, i entered the water of the Tatton Park TRI ATHLON!!

AND, i finished, did it all!! Finished 148th out of 310, and for my not only, first ever event, but my first ever TRI, i'm SO made up it's un real!! 4 days on and i'm still on cloud 9!!

It was a great morning, weather was superb, just generally brilliant!!

Great turn out, people really nice...YESSSS!!! [:D]

Want to say thank you for all the advice and info, it was brillaint, and i now look forward to my next on 12th July!!

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    welcome to tri, looks like you found what makes us all addicted to the way of life we call :triathlon!!!

Keep it up[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
  • HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Yeah well done epacse, i did my first one last weekend too at Blenheim and absolutely loved it so can totally empathise with your elation!

Now i'm really looking forward to Bananaman at Dorney and London and then i am going to seriously consider a half iron man next year.

Met a south african iron man the day after Blenheim and he totally inspired me to do more.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Superb! Well done epacse. Finishing in the top half, too - this means you are officially a better than average Triathlete!

I just squeaked into the top half for my age-group in London last year and nearly died of happiness.

Gentlemen.... it looks like we have another tri-addict.[:D]
  • lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    you can add me to that list as well! Just trawling through some upcoming events this year - possibly Hayle Sprint in Aug and Brighton Sprint in Sept.. for this year...[:)]
  • epacseepacse Posts: 92
    Harri.... well done back, such a great great feeling!

I met a guy on Sunday, first one, same as me, and he inspired me, my nerves were teetering i'd have to say, and it was great to have someone who was the same as you...Great guy, Simon, that all i know!! Top Bloke!

Good Luck on your other events to, my Bro visited Blenheim not realising the tri was on and called me to tell me, i did inform him he was at my WRONG event!! [:D]

Anyway, good luck....Iron Men, TOTAL TOTAL RESPECT!!

Bopomofo..... thank you very much! I thought i'd end up at the back, took it all very laid back, even had a chat with a guy in T1, which he looked very surprised at... [:D]...i even put on my knee brace, and so to finish mid pack, made up!!

Oh i can't stop smiling...beeming in fact... i've mailed veryone i know, even people i don't, cause i just want to tell people, I'M A VERY PROUD TRI ATHLETE!!

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

• legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    WELL DONE!! It's so great to read your post as I can feel the excitement! Welcome to Tri World!
  • brilliant! i know just how you feel i too did my first the other week! and managed to scrape in at 75th out of 150, so is that top or bottom half or am i the average triathlete? but it is so adictive, now that i have raced i really want to get into doing some proper training!

as i dont really know much about it, well apart from you wear tight clothes swim a bit, ride a bike and then run as fast as you can! I thought i would start putting together a collection of advice and share any fears and excitements with other newbies, i see there is a post about spam, but this wont send you to any gambling sites, it no where near as exciting, unless you find talking about panicking when trying to breath on both sides, or wondering why despite pedaling as fast as you can you seem to not be going any faster exciting! but feel free to have a look, if you dont want to thats ok, but i will probably be asking you all for advice on my journey to becomming a better than average triathlete![:)]

http://nomoreheroes-swimbikerunfallover.blogspot.com/
    legalbeagle
    thanks for the reply! You gave me some great advice the week regards my knee injury which i took, through gritted teeth, and it worked, as i felt so much better not only with a better knee, but stronger in the run!!

I'm still like a kid today, and all the helps and tips, and advice to 'enjoy' it came true the weekend, and at 38, i'm now truly enjoying it, never been as fit, and feel totally proud!

If anyone wants, i have a BLOG to! [:D] [:D]

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Heh heh heh..snared another one (rubs hands with glee)..my work here is done yesterday Tatton, tomorrow the world..aahhhhaaa...aaahhhhaaa etc.

But seriously well done all the newbies, this is why I love the sport, good clean enthusastic fun...with most of your clothes on (or is that wwith most of them off??).

So as a venue how was Tatton...looks very good.
  • it is good though isnt it! afterwoods i could not stop smiling to myself, i had to in the end as i started looking a bit funny, but i was such a great feeling!

have you ear marked any other races to tackle?
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Nice one epacse. I did my first one 4 weeks ago and I'm still on cloud 9. I was talking to someone last night and it came up in conversation that they wanted to do one. I mentioned that I had just done my first and invited tehm to come training. I love this sport [:D]

Good luck with your upcoming races
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    quite a busy thread this is, actually, quite a busy forum the last month. Which is a great thing of course; [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]

Well, congrats and good luck to all you newbies. And of course same to the oldies [;)]
    Britspin
    Tatton was EXCELLENT! Now bearing in mind twas my first, and there's to, but it just seemed so well organised!! Everyhting was signposted, transition was great, well laid out, no bumping into anyone, nice distance from water to T1, just all seemed to work! Everyone was very helpful, apart from the most miserable man on Tatton gate on the Sat afternoon, but that was more sheer love of his job, than anything else!

I'd certainly recomend it! [:D]

nomoreheroes... yes, i caight the bug prior to my first one, and entered 3, plus a Du Athlon, plus i'm cycling from London To Paris in September in aid of our local Hospice!!

http://www.justgiving.com/stkentslondontoparis

http://londontoparisbikeride.blogspot.com/

So my next one is 12th July, Churn N Burn, Chorlton Water Park!!

Jonhinio...well done also! It's great feeling isn't it!? I went for lunch afterwards, in my Tatton Tri Shirt, that i;d done the event in, and kept saying to my girlfriend, 'what this old shirt, oh it was nothing, little thing i did this morning'[:D][:D] [:D] [:D]

• SwimfanSwimfan Posts: 19
    Tatton was my first too. Loved every second of it. Swim was tough though..my stoke went to pot. Ran further than I have in 6 months though...thought i was going to have to walk round, but the cycle must have done something to my injured knees and shins.

Shame most people buggered off and missed the awards though. Even some of the recipients weren't there.[:D]

It was good to see that people weren't taking it so seriously and panicing about times...most seemed to be just doing it out of sheer pleasure.

Well done to the the tatton tri people - well organised - hope to see you there next year.

Back in the pool again this am as Boundary Breeze isnt far off.......http://www.man-tri-club.org.uk/Events/Club-Triathlon/
    Swimfan
    Well done!

My stroke went a bit wobbly first couple of metres, but more because of the bussle, got kicked in the face, side, slapped a few time's, but 2nd boy in, i settled down and got some space around me!

The run was hard wasn't it....they never said XC, and so caught me a bit off gurad and i made an almighty errord as you come running donw the stone track, i thought it was the end, and they turned us RIGHT!! I was flagging i can tell you, BUT, i ran it all!!

Well, i;d have to say. i was one of those IDIOTS who left...i was told that was it, so i went!! I knew the marshal i asked didn't have an idea! GUTTIN!! [:(]

I went into it totally relaxed, after some great advice from here, and it worked for me, and will be doing all mine this year, like that!

I've had a SH*T couple of days in work, and yet, still beaming!!

[:D] [:D]