Home Chat General Chat

fun pic in T1

bennybenny Posts: 1,314
Have a look at the following pic, just for fun; it shows what can go wrong in transition due to too much excitement [:D][:D]

Now it would be a great idea for man-to-man fights,but for tri I'd turn it around.

picture found on www.3athlon.be

[image]local://1428/FC7D052D6C714D18B6433290CB5C266C.jpg[/image]

Comments

• honchohoncho Posts: 23
    class [:D]
  • lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    Great! I felt sorry for the guy at Blenheim last Saturday who arrived down to the swim meet only to be told by the MC in front of everyone that his wetsuit was on back to front! Gutted! [:)]
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Oh my. There was a guy who did the same thing in the Salisbury sprint the other weekend. The marshall told him about it at T1 exit (in between laughing) but the poor guy had no choice.... return to transition to turn his hat around - not allowed to take the hat off outside transition, of course - or continue as he was.

In the heat of the moment, he went with option 2.

The funny thing is that a super-aero helmet must be the worst design to use backwards.
  • lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    I wonder if he has been out training wearing that aero helmet like that since he bought it and doesnt realise its the wrong way!
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    anyone know the victim?
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    how could he not know, he spent huge sums on a proper TT bike and tri spoke wheels, he must have seen pictures of people wearing aero helmets.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    As I recall the great Eddie Irvine opined to a question as to why Schumacher wore a funny shaped helmet, 'he's got a funny shaped head.'

Looks kinda more aero to me, smaller frontal area & all that.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    trying to set a new trendare we, Britspin??? You little fashion devil?!
    You heard it here first....
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    is this the new mastercard advert,

cost of tri suit £80,

cost of pretty tt bike with all the gizzmos £2000

entry to race £36

wearing your helmet the wrong way round and making your fellow competitor wet themselves.....priceless.

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Hey... maybe it was a tactical choice? Look at the picture: he's clearly first out of T1 because everybody else is doubled over laughing....

Can you imagine looking over your shoulder on a fast downhill? It would damn near rip your head off.
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Guys - you're all missing the point, the helmet won't make any difference as his bike is GREEN not RED so he won't be able to go fast anyway!!! Can anyone magnify the leg area so that we can see if he is shaved/waxed etc etc.
    Good point, well made. He is making stridestho' red suit shows there is progress toward the ultimate goal, can anyone tell what he had for breakfast?
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Obviously not porridge!!
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Brilliant! I absolutely love that pic! Think we'd have all spent a few minutes extra in transition just watching this 'hero'.
    I wonder what he's going to do when he buys a disc wheel for his bike ??[8|].........[:D]
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    oh the possibilities are endless!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Worth bumping this thread [:D] I assume he remembered to put his bike shoes on?!
    probably inside-out[:D]

Heard the guy in the pic is keen on the following bike:

http://forum.220magazine.com/photo_view.asp?file=0;28805

Would really suit him I think! [:D][:D][:D]