Home Chat General Chat

Comfy women's saddle??

I need to upgrade my currently rather uncomfortable saddle for a new one so that long distance cycling and bumpy roads don't leave me walking like John Wayne!

Any recommendations??

H

Comments

• neil66neil66 Posts: 8
    H

I would recommend the Specialized BG range. I have one fitted to my bike and its like being sat on a sofa all day. It would be ideal for your long distance rides and there are female specific ones in the range too.

neil66
  • HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Thank you, i will definitely give it a trial. Am new to this cycling lark and my word does it get uncomfortable on london roads with bumps and pot holes on every corner.

Cheers!
  • FastWestieFastWestie Posts: 26
    Harri

Are you wearing cycling shorts?

And if you are don't forget that you have to go commando [:)]

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Assos shorts..the sofa of the cycling world, 2XU are pretty good too.

Seconded on the BG saddles, I love mine. I still have a go on the 'sizing' thing every time I am in the Specialized store, got to make sure.
  • HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Hmmm, i think some decent cycle shorts are a good idea and i'm going to get my new saddle this evening, Hurrah!

• neil66neil66 Posts: 8
    Where are you cycling in London? There are some great roads without potholes, drain covers, idiots etc in some of the London parks and the home counties. Less than an hour in any sort of direction gets you right out into the countryside. Not as good as other parts of the country I know but it depends whether you have the time, funds, inclination.

Good luck with the new saddle. Might be worth getting chamois cream too.....I assume girls wear it too?????
  • GallantryGallantry Posts: 38
    Specialized JETT.. costs about 50 quid.. but COMPLETELY Worth it... saved my....... would say bacon but that's not quite right! anyhow last year without it an hour on bike was agony! Yesterday did 70.3 with tri-shorts on, no pain from the under carriage at all (just the rest of me [:D])

GOOD LUCK!
  • You know..the funny thing is I'm most comfortable on the really tiny - non-cushioned SLR seat! I was always uncomfortable on the 'women's seats!' And another friend of mine seems to feel the same way!
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I've tried a Specialized BG lady saddle and for months I just never got on with it. I've now borrowed a mens' BG from my other half and it has only the tiniest amount of padding but is the comfiest saddle I've found so far. Having said that, I don't think that the words 'comfy' and 'saddle' and 'lady' were really designed to go in the same sentence. I find that it's about minimising pain rather than maximising comfort!